Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Got new parts for my RXP???

I'm new to the forum, I just bought the stage 1 stuff from riva about $700 worth. Can I put it in myself or will I have to drive an hour to the dealer??? How long will it take if i do it myself? How fast will I go or is riva selling high priced parts with no results. I have my own tools and have worked on my Xp and GSX no problem. thanks nice forum too.,

+1
    Most everyone i know installs the kit on their own. The hardest part is the power filter. You will need the impeller sline tool to remove and replace the impeller and also a 12mm allen socket.

Welcome to the forum!

+1
    Welcome muskadoo - keep us posted as to your installation and results and enjoy your ski! If you need help - most here are more than willing at strange hours.

+1
    Muskadoo, there are several people here who have done the mods you are doing plus a whole bunch. This is the place to come for RXP modding questions. You can learn a bunch just from the mistakes I have made

thanks for the answers, how fast are your 1 stage speeds? I just ordered the impellor tool is this the spline tool you said? I am running about 70 on the speedometer, it goes faster when I get close to 1 or 2 bars left of gas.

+1
    yes, thats the tool you need.

You should be able to run 71 on the GPS. The speedometer doesn't count when trying to gauge speed

Most RXP speedometers will only register 70 mph and no more. Very few have read past 70. You are probably only running about 68 on GPS in your skis stock condition.

Get yourself a cheap GPS. It will be a valuable tool in measuring your success when modding your ski.

My friends RXP registered 67. Because he can only get his RPM's to 7600 we then used my GPS. It turned out he was only doing 62.4

I guess I'll buy a gps now. I used to have before I lost it when I moved. thanks for the help. Memorial day is here, so I don't think i'll get the parts before the weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by rx4pain
    Welcome muskadoo - keep us posted as to your installation and results and enjoy your ski! If you need help - most here are more than willing at strange hours.
    That pic of that getting kicked down the seats got seriously F----- up!

had great results today! My RXp rips! My dealer did a rush job for me yesterday and I got it back last nite and today I ran all day with more quickness and it feels faster to. The only thing faster than me are the big boats I was too chicken to do the riva kit my self but I am glad I did it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information