aftermarket drive shaft question...

i have a question about the aftermarket drive shaft that's in the store... it says something about a skat pump. does using this shaft allow you to use a skat pump as a replacement for the stock pump and if you had the funds, to do this, would you take advantage? is there an advantage of having a three blade prop over the fourblade stock pump? I saw in jerry's blog that he had his pump modded by skat, would that be a better move (more cost efficient and better performance wise) that to get the shaft, and a skat pump? thanks guys!!!

-dewsy

ps. don't want to start ANOTHER thread but, what's the weakest part of the motor where running too much boost would destroy it? what parts would give out first?

+1
    There are advantages to running a 3 blade prop. Mainly better acceleration and top speed. Not to mention you have a wide range of impellers you can turn.

Having a coupled drive shaft like the Rotax Racing unit provides protection to the engine by dampening vibrations that can be transfered thru a one piece drive shaft.

Using this two piece shaft allows you to use the Skat Magnum pump which is said to provide much better hookup.

The weakest link in running too much boost is the head gasket.

+1
    mark, care to add anything here?

+1
    Well answered Jerry, like I would expect any less out of ya. There is a couple of small things you need to do to make it work but its tunability is worth the $. But you need to have alot done to the ski to see the advantage, if your only running a small amount of mods you would be better off spending your $ on something else.

+1
    I will add a comment Jerry...Probably the weakest part of the RXP motor is the Valves....Once you start seriously adding the the HP on these things you BETTER get your valves lightened and Alluminum retainers with shims...These things have a tendancy to float when they are stock...

Burnwater had the same issue I think...

Funny you should mention headgasket though...I just pulled mine...And I think I had a Slight leak of cooland into the cylinder...I don't know for sure boat was running STRONG...just looked like a slight leak...Things that make ya go hmmmm.

Thread Information