Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Coralville Gathering

Coralville Lake Jet-Fest 07

Well seems enough people are interested in it so I am going to do it. I am organizing a get together at Coralvile Lake (aka Damed up Iowa River) on the weekend of July 21st and 22nd as a 2 day event. I will be getting to the campground Friday night the 20th. The campground I have choosen is Sugar Bottom Campground. Its very nice, it's a federal campground so has nice showers, electricity for the actual camper spots, and most importantly parking, and dock right next to where we are staying and sandy place to pull our skis onto right where we camp.

Campground
    Sugar Bottoms Campground spots can be resesrved online at http://www.recreation.gov/nrrs/Sugar...RS&parkId=3425

The best tent spots are 95-104. I am in 101 both nights. You can have 2 tents per spot but no more and they will check so don't try to fool them.

Directions are very easy.

From the West get on I-80 east, take that till you get to 380, take 380 North for about 6 miles or so, get off on Exit #4 for North Liberty and take a right towards North Liberty. Go straight through the stop light, then over the railroad tracks then turn left at the stop sign right after the tracks. Follow that road for about 4 milesish you will cross a bridge with a boat dock called Mahaffy bridge (there will be signs), then right after the bridge is the entrance to the campground on the right. Curvy, hilly road and finially you will be at the checkin hut.

From the East take I-80 East, take 380 North for about 6 miles or so, get off on Exit #4 for North Liberty and take a right towards North Liberty. Go straight through the stop light, then over the railroad tracks then turn left at the stop sign right after the tracks. Follow that road for about 4 milesish you will cross a bridge with a boat dock called Mahaffy bridge (there will be signs), then right after the bridge is the entrance to the campground on the right. Curvy, hilly road and finially you will be at the checkin hut.

From the south, Take 218 North which will turn into 380 north, get off on Exit #4 for North Liberty and take a right towards North Liberty. Go straight through the stop light, then over the railroad tracks then turn left at the stop sign right after the tracks. Follow that road for about 4 milesish you will cross a bridge with a boat dock called Mahaffy bridge (there will be signs), then right after the bridge is the entrance to the campground on the right. Curvy, hilly road and finially you will be at the checkin hut.

From the North take 380 south, get off on Exit #4 for North Liberty and take a left towards North Liberty. Go straight through the stop light, then over the railroad tracks then turn left at the stop sign right after the tracks. Follow that road for about 4 milesish you will cross a bridge with a boat dock called Mahaffy bridge (there will be signs), then right after the bridge is the entrance to the campground on the right. Curvy, hilly road and finially you will be at the checkin hut.

Below are some pictures of the area. First one is a map with directions from all directions, second is a map of the campground, third is a satalite view of the campground, and the 4th is map of the waterway and no wake zones.

Feel free to pm me with any questions or if you have any input I am open.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	direcstions.jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	177.6 KB 
ID:	26977   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	parklayout.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	61.9 KB 
ID:	26978   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sataliteview.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	50.2 KB 
ID:	26979   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	waterway.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	237.7 KB 
ID:	26980  
    Last edited by Lehrjet; 07-10-2007 at 08:08 AM.

Nothin' runs like a Deere IowanGPR's Avatar
    I am in for this event. I will be there Friday through Sunday. If you need help or want to caravan down there I will be leaving from Waterloo on Friday afternoon. This will be a fun event so everyone come on out!

Ben

do you have the fliers made up? I bet I could get up to about 10 or 15 from here if i had something to give them... i can make one up too- email me jeremiah-

ben

No, i haven't made one yet, been kinda slacking and busy with work a little. I'll get on it, if you want to make one too, go for it i am not feeling all that creative right now so it will probably be better then anything i do anyway. Thanks for the help.

Jere

Here's what I came up with in about 10 minutes...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Jet Fest Event 07.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	77.5 KB 
ID:	28077  

+1

I'll be there

Just got back from Lake Norris, and thought I'd let you guys know I'm going to the Coralville event. I'll copy the flyer and post it in the local Kawi and Seadoo/Yamaha dealerships. Any thing I can help with let me know......Steve

make sure to write or put a phone number as a contact for you, email or phone---- that way people who have questions can call you. I gave out 20 fliers last weekend with moderate response.

Ben

I should be able to make this one...

Quote Originally Posted by RXP Steve View Post
    I should be able to make this one...

good, look forward to seeing everyone there!

Awsome Steve will be good to see ya again. I like your ski it sounds awsome!!!

I am in charlotte this week but if anyone needs anything give me a call i have my cell on me. Think i am in Seattle next week but again i have my cell with me just call.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information