Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

+1

Orlando St johns river from 50 south to 520

Anyone been out there yet this year? Just wondering if the water level is high enough. Haven't had any rain in months and the lakes are really low. St. Johns is pretty shallow to begin with.

After the rain we got today, I think it is good to ride.

+1
    Not even close.

There is some water right under the bridge at 50 but 2 miles south and its 6" all the way across. The ramp is completly unusable unless you have an airboat. I have been putting in under the bridge and doing my testing right there.

We need a couple feet of water to make it to HatBill or 520.

Banned User
    Quote Originally Posted by firehawk View Post
    Anyone been out there yet this year? Just wondering if the water level is high enough. Haven't had any rain in months and the lakes are really low. St. Johns is pretty shallow to begin with.
    Not yet!! I was riding my Quad saturday across the river just north of 520. About 2" deep

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Duke View Post
    Not even close.

There is some water right under the bridge at 50 but 2 miles south and its 6" all the way across. The ramp is completly unusable unless you have an airboat. I have been putting in under the bridge and doing my testing right there.

We need a couple feet of water to make it to HatBill or 520.

Thanks,
    I'll wait a few weeks before I head out there. We should start getting some rain this time of year.

+1
    This is the lowest I have seen the St. Johns in 15 years. It started going down in June of last year and never stabilized. Some have told me the rapid growth of Palm Bay and Melbourne has caused Lake Washington to become depleated. They get their main water from this lake and it is dammed to control the outflow into our river.

The river hasn't gone up at all with the recent rains, in fact it continues to dry up every week!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Duke View Post
    This is the lowest I have seen the St. Johns in 15 years. It started going down in June of last year and never stabilized. Some have told me the rapid growth of Palm Bay and Melbourne has caused Lake Washington to become depleated. They get their main water from this lake and it is dammed to control the outflow into our river.

The river hasn't gone up at all with the recent rains, in fact it continues to dry up every week!

Thats not cool. This was a good place to ride. No cops. No slow speed zones. Just full throttle.

i was thinking of going out there and launching at the Lone Cabbage, but if what you guys are saying is true then i might have to forego that until further notice.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by ra1nmakr View Post
    i was thinking of going out there and launching at the Lone Cabbage, but if what you guys are saying is true then i might have to forego that until further notice.

Maybee after a couple weeks of rain. Let me know when your going mabee we can hook up and ride. I have put in a 50 and went south to lone cabbage and back before. Never launced down there though.

+1
    You used to be able to launch at Lone Cabbage and ride south to the Lake Washington dam and even get over or around the dam...not enough water now.

The bastards completely blocked off the spillway that used to let water flow around the dam out of Lake Washington. Now the St Johns is hurting, but the lawns in Melbourne are green !!! We'll need a few hurricanes before the river will be friendly to anyone without an air boat...or a few sticks of dinamite to 'solve' the problem !!

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information