Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

intercooler for 03 gtx

hey guys ive been around kawi too long and im new to the 4tec... will my stock intercooler out of my 07 rxp go in a 03 supercharged gtx ...didnt know if they had the opening in the front for the stock intercooler !!!

+1
    Pale Rider here has transplanted the RXP manifold to the GTX. My guess is it would be a lot easier to throw an aftermarket intercooler on it and call it a day..

Quote Originally Posted by JFizzleJR View Post
    Pale Rider here has transplanted the RXP manifold to the GTX. My guess is it would be a lot easier to throw an aftermarket intercooler on it and call it a day..
    It was cake once you get the stuff (used parts) and about 1/2 the price or less.
    you need a RXP/RXT intake manifold, an IC, the hoses and clamps and your done. You might want to install the yellow water reducer in the pump support when your done...

I went with the factory formed hoses from IC to exhaust manifold.
    And ordered a new hose from pump to IC, bc it`s going to need to be longer. You could use good quality auto heater hose but don`t go to cheap or thin wall hose will eventually burst...
    the factory uses gates Green stripe haevy wall hose...I ordered that from Xtreme...PR...
    Last edited by Pale Rider; 01-11-2008 at 11:11 PM.

+1
    I see
    I had the impression it was a long, difficult task.
    If you're up to shopping for the parts you might want to go with the stock IC for reliability. If you're looking for one stop shopping and want max. performance you may want to get an external IC. Since you already have the stock IC from your 07 RXP it should be easy.

the front engine cover/oil pump cover and oil fill tube are dif thru the years. I just about fit that formed hose in behind the TOPS/oil fill tube on the 04.
    If you look at later models the formed hose goes in front of the assy.
    would be interesting to know if you can install an 05 front set up on the 04 4Tecs...
    anyways, flow is good, no high temp alarm using the yello water reducer...PR...

hey!!!

awesome guys now i need too find a intake any ideas guys??? i think ill try ebay

Banned User
    +1
    I'll be installing an XS system into an 03 GTX, with a 4" intake and a custom thru-hull exhaust...the weekend after Mudbug...

Quote Originally Posted by SPOOLEDUP View Post
    awesome guys now i need too find a intake any ideas guys??? i think ill try ebay
    contact Stickem... Frank might have another...
    check manifold part numbers to see if your 07 IC is the same as the ealier models (except for seal design) and it will fit whatever intake you can get. I know an 06 IC fit well into an 05 RXP intake... I also installed new end seals on the IC...PR...

hey!!!

love eastwood man cool avatar!!! were does the yellow water restrictor go again on the pump and what year manifold do i need

Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    I'll be installing an XS system into an 03 GTX, with a 4" intake and a custom thru-hull exhaust...the weekend after Mudbug...
    Danny are you using those trick flexible pipes! ?...PR...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information