+1

Run this by me again....

I read it somewhere but can't find it in the search without going cross-eyed.

Checking slip moment in the ski. Do I wedge the pump/prop? Turn clockwise?
    Whats minimal/best/maximum torque. I have the SS washers & ceramic bearings that jerry put in with about 30 hrs on them.
    I just scored a used 3/8" stanley proto dial wrench with memory dial for 52.00
    It does clock & counter clokwise too. I might not get it in time for friday's trip to the river so can I use a click torque for now?
    Thanx!

+1
    I need this info too, so this should put it back to the top!

When I was at the dealer I THINK he said the book listed 5-10 Nm as being withing range. He spun it clockwise and stuck a rod in the timing chain/sprocket to lock it up. I think you can just stick a broom handle in the pump to lock it up?

Website may not be suitable for small children WOT's Avatar
    A new supercharger is supposed to be 62 - 106 in/lbs, and one that is broken in should be 44 - 88 in/lbs. You turn the nut on the SC impeller counter clockwise to measure while making sure the engine doesn't turn over. The manual shows that you take off the valve cover and stick a rod into the cam gear to hold the motor while you do the measurement. I supposed a broom stick in the pump impeller might work (but then again it might bend the impeller a little.....)

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by WOT View Post
    A new supercharger is supposed to be 62 - 106 in/lbs, and one that is broken in should be 44 - 88 in/lbs. You turn the nut on the SC impeller counter clockwise to measure while making sure the engine doesn't turn over. The manual shows that you take off the valve cover and stick a rod into the cam gear to hold the motor while you do the measurement. I supposed a broom stick in the pump impeller might work (but then again it might bend the impeller a little.....)
    Thank you sir!

+1
    Yep, That is it, but I have found that a SCer down bellow 50in.lbs is garbage. I like to see or keep mine above the 75in.lb mark. Out of the 10 RXP's I have checked Slip movement on and they were all NEW. They all were around 75in. lbs STOCK.

I like to check it CounterClock Wise in the motion of Tightening the SCer Nut. As I wouldn't want to maybe cause any untightening of the SCer nut.

JMO.

Website may not be suitable for small children WOT's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Water4fire View Post

I like to check it CounterClock Wise in the motion of Tightening the SCer Nut. As I wouldn't want to maybe cause any untightening of the SCer nut.

JMO.
    Yep that is correct, the impeller-side nut tightens counter clockwise. The one on the gear side is a regular right-handed thread.

Thread Information