Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Impeller

Impeller

I was looking at my impeller the other night and the tips looks liked they had be scorched. Could this be possible or is it just the color of the impeller?

I am just trying to find what is keeping my rpm's down. I also seem to be getting a lot of rattling noise when flushing engine. Any insight into this will be greatly appreciated.

Mine rattles excessively also, it was so bad I thought the prop was loose. I took it back to the dealer because I didn't want to mess with it. They checked it out and said it was normal Kawi pump noise? Compared to ski's I've had in the past it is loud and rattles. My GPR driveline was fairly quiet when flushing and revving, this Kawi sounds like the prop is going to wing out thru the pump. I didn't feel much better after them telling me that.

+1

scortched prop

hey i had a similar problem, the noise is normal for there being to water to satbilize the prop. but the scortched prop and rpm lowerring is a different problem, when you take the impellar off look down in the pump housing where the stator veins meet and you will most likely see bumps from where the thw machineing was sloppy. if you see them then grind them doen with sand paper don't for ghet to finish with high very fine grit to make smooth, I did this and it fixed my problem, hope this helps

+1
    The prop blade tips might be rubbing against the stainless wear ring inside the pump. Check the wear ring for groves or abrasion. This could be a warranty issue.

Richard

Mine does the same thing, it's really loud, even at idle it makes alot of noise, more than normal to me. I will have to check the wear ring out.

+1
    The seals on the Ultra 250 pump are letting water in, and will ruin the bearings. Both skis we've tested were getting water in the bearing cavity between every impeller swap. Every impeller tested ended up rubbing against the stainless wear-ring and is contributing to the noise. We're working on a better seal system for that pump.

Good Post, mine makes lots of noise. I still hit 68 on GPS stock. So MAYBE it is normal; it just sounds bad under a flush.

I know the dealer will say "All Good" but these ski's are so new. I just don't trust that. I my past experence when I hear a loud grind noise that is not good.

In the water though it may balance itself. Only time will tell.

thanks

Can these bearings be inspected without removing the prop? My dealer told me it was normal and I doubt they'll pull it apart to inspect unless it is something I can visually point out to make them take action. When it was new on the trailer it didn't make that noise after the first two rides it showed up, leads me to believe there is an issue, otherwise it would have sounded that way when brand spankin' new?

+1
    It took Kawi 5 years to address the pump seal problem on the Ultra 150's. Their solution was to add a double seal. I wonder how long it will take before they "solve" this problem. Good luck trying to get the warranty to cover bearing failure and impeller/pump damage !

Richard

Thanks Richard, it is going in tomorrow for its 25hr service.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information