Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thru hull exhaust

I saw someones website (forgot to bookmark it) and they vented their exhaust thru the hull of their ski....can someone send me a link to that site...I'm interested in doing it to my RXT..but i am worried how it will work because I do a lot of wave jumping in the ocean off the coast of New Jersey.. thanks..
    John

EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    +1
    click the WWW link on bottom of my post.... then click thru-hull exhaust. That's my thru-hull on my RXT.

also on this website, click "BLOG" at the top and u'll see it on green hulk's RXP

welcome to the forum wavehummer! ur ski is awesome looking, where to u like to ride, im from around philly area also. and the thru-hull exhaust can be found all over this forum, but shibby has good pics and so does "greenhulk" just like shibby said.

+1
    wavehummer... i'm interested in that seat cover you got there but in slightly different colors. What brand is it? never seen that particular design pattern before

Shibby, I emailed you the Ebay store that I purchased the seat covers from....They are M-line seat covers...he has lots of different colors

rxpblast.... I put my ski in at Linden ave in Philly....usually ride up to tullytown or Penns Landing....River is a little boring though....I take it to wildwood in the summer..love to go out to herford inlet...nice waves..but gotta be careful in low tide

exhaust kit

excuse my ignorance...this is my first PWC i've owned..so everything is new to me....I'm learning as I try things...
    What I'm wondering is ...If I install the exhaust kit, will water be forced up into the pipe? I understand that the pipe is looped but, when I'm jumping waves my ski will come down into the water tail end first...thats alot of pressure being forced back into the pipe opening..

I've already had my splash gaurd ripped off and i installed it with lots of rivets and stainless steel bolts..

thanks,
    john

+1
    You don't have to worry about water being forced back up your exhaust. The exhaust exit location is also higher than the stock exit location.... no worries!!!

+1
    not only that.... you can wave jump all you want, sure SOME water may go back all the way thru the pipe, but it will NEVER make it's way all the way back into the motor or exhaust manifold. the water force would need to go thru the pipe, up the curve, and into the waterbox and fill up about 2-3 gallons of space in the waterbox befire it even started going back into the exhaust J pipe or exhaust manifold.

no worries tho... many of us been running the thru-hull for months now with ZERO problems. i love my exhaust do plenty of ocean riding and jumping as well.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information