Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Price check and feed back please

Anybody familiar with a shop in Austin, TX called unlimited powersports, Inc. I just talked to them about the engine problems on the 95 SL 750 and they immediately went to replace it with after market(SBT,or SBC) something like that. I think I've seen you guys mention this in the past. Seems a little over kill to me untill we find out what all is wrong.
    $2400 ish. I would think I could do better than that or even by a different used one. Any info on the shop or there suggestion?

www.springbreak-florida.com rgard32's Avatar
    IF the motor is toast you can buy the motor from sbt yourself ALOT less www.sbtontheweb.com .. they have a NO FAULT warranty..meaning if u ruin it sink it forget to put oil in it...the motor is covered.. You can either do it yourself..or find someone cheaper to do it for u besides a big dealer..

Quote Originally Posted by rgard32 View Post
    IF the motor is toast you can buy the motor from sbt yourself ALOT less www.sbtontheweb.com .. they have a NO FAULT warranty..meaning if u ruin it sink it forget to put oil in it...the motor is covered.. You can either do it yourself..or find someone cheaper to do it for u besides a big dealer..
    ha good luck for finding it cheaper...think more of if youre not going the SBT way, plan on spending a very good amount of change.

Quote Originally Posted by tryintolearn View Post
    Anybody familiar with a shop in Austin, TX called unlimited powersports, Inc. I just talked to them about the engine problems on the 95 SL 750 and they immediately went to replace it with after market(SBT,or SBC) something like that. I think I've seen you guys mention this in the past. Seems a little over kill to me untill we find out what all is wrong.
    $2400 ish. I would think I could do better than that or even by a different used one. Any info on the shop or there suggestion?

No offense, but $2400 is probably more than the ski is worth. If you have some mechanical ability you could probably rebuild it yourself with the help of some of the great guys on here. Depending on what is wrong with your motor and how many used parts you can find, I would say it could be done for less that a third of what they are going to charge you. Plus you will have the assurence of knowing that it is done right.

IMO I would stay away from SBT for a reman engine. I have seen a lot of people that have had problems with them. Yea that warranty might be great but do you really want to change that engine more than once? I prefer to spend my time riding my ski, not swapping a poorly rebuilt motor . Good luck! Let us know what you decide.

they have a NO FAULT warranty..meaning if u ruin it sink it forget to put oil in it...the motor is covered..
    A warranty for retards that dont have a clue to check there oil or remember to put the builge plugs back in the boat before they launch it.

The boat lasted over 10years with stock parts HMMMMM most be something good about using high Quality parts. Or you buy the cheap stuff and replace it in 2-3years when the warranty is over. Lets see one engine every other year or one engine costing a little more for ten years+. I'll stick to the ten year plan.

www.springbreak-florida.com rgard32's Avatar
    I knew this was gonna happen...people cant help but bash bash bash..instead of recommeding who they think they should call for a motor/parts etc... I guess i will do it for you.... There is also randy at WATCON.COM hes a super guy ...also SHARPS MARINE...and ATLANTIC POWERSPORTS... there all GREAT places to buy parts motors etc....

Its a watercraft....SHIET HAPPENS ALL THE TIME... at least with an SBT motor your motor is covered.....you buy from ANYONE else its motor + labor BOTH... .i beilieve that motor is 899 from SBT(i think) thats a steal for the warranty u get......whatever u decide good luck...... and dont listen to people bashing SBT all the time... Call SBT yourself and talk to them..they will be more than happy to help u...and decide for yourself.. I dont bash the other companies...why do people have to bash sbt??

good luck sir!!!

then why are you here and not at the pwctoday form? Run by SBT? And If you read what i put there was no bashing. It was just saying Pay for what you get. Even though you live by SBT. If you go cheap to save a nickel sometimes you end up spending a dollar.

Banned User

weatherby you are awsome. I about hit the floor when I saw your reply

Banned User
    If I didn't laugh, I'd shoot myself.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information