Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

anyone try the 3D?

Did anyone here ride the seadoo 3D ski? How was it?...PR...

+1
    I've ridden one. What exactly do you want to know? Not nearly as fast as other sit-down ski's and not nearly as nimble and trickable as a real standup. In fact, I had an HX at the time and the 3D wasn't as fast, nimble, or trickable as even it. I don't ever see one in my future.

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by engineermike View Post
    I've ridden one. What exactly do you want to know? Not nearly as fast as other sit-down ski's and not nearly as nimble and trickable as a real standup. In fact, I had an HX at the time and the 3D wasn't as fast, nimble, or trickable as even it. I don't ever see one in my future.

Mike
    wow that`s one crappy review , guess that`s why so many are in the showrooms...
    was just curious bc I didn`t try one at the expo in sweetwater in 2004...PR...

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Pale Rider View Post
    wow that`s one crappy review
    Yea. The 3D goes a whopping 48 mph, weighs 600 lb, and you can't even submarine or tail-stand it. My HX was also a single seater, went 54-55 mph, weighed 400 lb, and you could submarine and tail-stand it, plus it had a suspension seat and was narrow so it rode nice in rough water. I sure miss that ski but I don't miss the reliability. I always thought an HX with a 1000 cc 2 cylinder version of our motors would be cool. 400 lb and 140 fuel-injected, fuel-efficient, and reliable hp would be a blast.

Mike

Thanks for your view Mike ...PR...

ive only ridden the 787rfi version of the 3D, i thought it was a blast in the cart mode. All the other modes were boring at best. But the cart mode is so different and so much fun because youre center of gravity is so low and its pretty hard to fall off no matter how hard you spin it. My only complaint was that the rfi version was real slow out of the hole and slow after accelerating out of a spin out. Im sure the di version is a lot more fun.

Cart mode is a blast, I'd only ride it in the cart mode.

This review is coming from a guy with who used to mainly ride blasters, hx's and stand ups.

I treid the 110 hp 3D and the 130hp 3D, they both sucked. Lack of power and handling were the major let downs. I would never buy one - it's a good concept though.

+1
    Andy Man-I saw one last weekend and it was walking an RXP in the chop would i buy one ...no.

+1
    I really wish they would re-introduce small, nimble, and fun jet ski's. The 3D was a poor attempt. The WaveBlasters, HX's, X2's, etc.. . were loads of fun. What a concept, a jet ski that you actually get wet on and can do more than just 360's and haul ass. Also, the true lean-in handling was great fun! When I got my RXP, it was hard getting used to the way that it stays flat when turning.

Mike

Well, I actually have one of the 05 models. I have the cart seat for it and it is not too bad to ride. You can ride comfortably for quite a while in that position, and as the guy above said the low center of gravity make it about impossible to flip when spinning. Though I will agree these could use more power and are not too quick out of the hole, I have had the one I have been running at 52-53 instead of 48. That of course is with my 150 pound son riding.
    The 'moto' seat raises your center of gravity a good bit allowing you to throw it around a bit more. That seat gets a bit rough on your butt after a long ride though. I also have the shoq which fixes the pole in an upright position making the stand up mode a little easier.
    Now with all that said, I spend 95% of my time on the RXP while my son or friends ride the 3D. It is a nice change of pace and can be fun. It is great for an inexperienced rider. A fun ride that you can raise a little hell with, get wet, yet not worry so much about getting hurt on. The best part is you can pick one up pretty cheap even new. I have seen some go on Ebay for $3000 or so that are less than a year old. That way you have an extra ski that will be dependable without sinking a ton of cash.
    The negatives for me are... the need for a little more juice, single seater, and lack of storage.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information