Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hydraulic Trim for RXP

Anyone using a hydraulic trim on their RXP

Anyone with a hydraulic trim: are they worth it Im not a big fan of the VTS because I hate adjusting it from down position for hole shot to up position for speed in drag races, especially on choppy water. I just find it hard to keep a good grip, look at the display to see where the trim is at, and adjust the trim at the same time on chop.

Any experience with RIVA's hydraulic trim for SeaDoo?

http://www.rivayamaha.com/RivaStore/...0Trim%20System

That one?

your on to something you got me curious.
    hate it also.

anytime someone needs a hydro trim system in a hole shot. needs to practice there start more. You can make any boat leave right if you know what your doing.

Quote Originally Posted by beachboy66
    anytime someone needs a hydro trim system in a hole shot. needs to practice there start more. You can make any boat leave right if you know what your doing.
    So your saying if I need a hydraulic trim to help me get a better hole shot then I dont know how to ride? Huh. Don't most pros use a hydraulic trim? So what trim setting are you getting your best top speed at? I find that my pump is most effective for top speed at two notches above neutral (anyone else find this to be true ). Now, Im not a pro rider, or a veteren rider for that matter, but I have found out that if I start with my trim 2 notches above neutral while idling, then go WOT, the ski jumps out of the water. Not good for hole shots last time I checked. Usually the guy whose ski stays in the water wins, especially when the skis are evenly matched. So, thats why I (and Im sure others) start with the trim down to eliminate that porpose at the start, then adjust it up to the desired trim setting. Let me tell you, its not easy to quickly get that pump adjusted from below neutral to the spot I want in chop. The VTS likes to skip past it. Its a bitch. Thats why I was considering the hydraulic trim. Smoother and quicker response.

Maybe Im retarded or just suck at operating the VTS, but if anyone has experienced what I have, let me know. Then I guess Im not retarded. I just want to know how well the hydraulic trim RIVA offers functions on an RXP before I possibly purchase it.

EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    +1
    how bout the R&D auto drop nozzle?

+1
    Sounds like you need to learn how to ride, no pun intended, but the VTS is a sound way togo, pros dont use vts because they dont have time to jack with a button, they keep it in the same position and never get the chance to trim it up, closed course racing and rec riding are 2 diff. things
    thats a real good price on that Riva trim kit, NOT

+1
    I like my VTS, but then again im a rec rider that likes to go fast

Optimum top speed position is 2 clicks above neutral.
    I can lose as much as 2 mph by trimming all the way up, or down while at WOT.

Tip: If you are trimming down all the way on the holeshot you are losing speed. I have found 1 click below neutral while leaning forward over the bars gives the best jump out of the hole. Try it you will see!

yea i dont see the point in spending money on the hydralic trim system if ur just rec riding and not racing. use the money on mods to make it faster!

Santa Monika, People's Republik of Kalifornia...
    +1
    Jerry, in a couple months that will be another one of my infamous "I told you"...

Get a hydrolic trim bitch

+1
    oh lord, here comes 11 trying to spend my money again

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information