Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

to wedge or not to wedge...

Ok, last season I ran the R&D 2.5 degree wedge on our 04 GTX SC this season there will be more mods done to ski: ie: IC, thru hull, air intake, RXP ECU, RR SC shaft kit, Vortech imp, triple bearing pump mod, stainless wear ring, skat 16\21 3 blade prop etc, should I put the 2,5 degree wedge back in?...PR...

PR,
    I would say that anything that keeps the bow up is a good thang. Without trim tabs I'd say leave it in.

I can`t exactly remember where I read something that when you increase HP and speed the hull reacts differently. I don`t know at which point the hull would start porpoising? I can say that with the wedge it is a slightly drier ride...PR...

+1
    You ned a 2 degree wedge.

What would be the dif between that and the 2.5 I already have installed?...PR...

The nozzle would be half a degree down from 2.5. That would push the bow down a little. Right?

yes, I agree to that. but in another post about steering nozzle bushings, I`m waiting to see if someone responds to that. If you turn the bushing 180 degrees, it will put the steering nozzle in a dif incline, just don`t remember which one was best...PR...

+1
    Or, another way to look at it, the bow wouldn't be as high. GP swears that 2.25 is the magic number for a wedge. I really don't think anyone could tell the difference with only 1/4 degree involved.

conditions who have to be constant to see what yields the best speed.

I wanted to here some testimony about some rideres with alot of mods and running the wedge in the same craft...PR...

EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    +1
    i have plenty of testimoney with these wedges... i also have a 2.5 wedge, and ALSO have a 2.25 wedge.... i've done some testing, very in-depth testing... but results were not satisfactory... i have alot of toying to do with these 3 seaters after i get the HP up there... heck, with mild mods and blistering acceleration i'm already porposing like a porpoise, HA!

GP does swear by his 2.25 wedge, and he sent me one awhile ago, but i've not had the opportunity yet to really do some serious testing on the 3-seater pumps, wedges, bushings, etc... i don't plan no messing with that stuff until i max out my HP mods, THEN i'll work on handling and top speed. i see it pointless to mod the handling and wedges and angles at 65 mph and then add parts for 75 mph and expect the same handling and porpoising characteristics.

add the big stuff and ensure prop instalation and no leaks, THEN tune the machine for speed, handling, wedges, bushings, etc

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information