Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

steering nozzle bushings?

Which way does the steering nozzle offset bushing go in?
    with wedge
    without wedge

I have a 2.5 wedge and I have a bushing I made with putty epoxy that puts it in the middle. Seemed to work best after back to back runs.

I think that puts the steering nozzle in the same center line as the pump nozzle...PR...

Quote Originally Posted by Pale Rider
    I think that puts the steering nozzle in the same center line as the pump nozzle...PR...
    If you flip the bushing from stock it lines up the steering nozzle and pump nozzle. This is how 05limited has his but I found it to nose dive me into waves. I made one that puts it in the middle of the bushing and like it best. I have a 2.5 wedge.

I think when installing the wedge, whatever way the bushing was in there from factory, you rotate 180...PR...

Quote Originally Posted by Pale Rider
    I think when installing the wedge, whatever way the bushing was in there from factory, you rotate 180...PR...
    That's what I did and I had a 2 wedge and my nose kept diving in the water. I'd plunge through wakes. I then mad about a 3 or 3.5 custom wedge and it didn't help. I went to a 2.5 wedge and drilled out my bushing and used jb weld to make a bushing with a hole in the center. This worked perfect with back to back testing. Gave me the best speed/control performance.

What do you mean, diving/plunging into water, under what conditions?...PR...

If a wake came my ski would ram it and water would flow over the hood. When I flipped the bushing I would run up the wake.

gotcha...Thanks...PR...

by the way, his zero offset bushing idea works, at least it did on my GTXL. I made some out of Delrin though.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information