Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    +1

R&D fuel extender

Has anyone installed the R&D fuel exstender so your able to run longer?? The gas tank seems almost impossible to take out, an also will the motor run lean??? I dont really wanna be blowing stuff up. Also will it void my warrenty? I also just got done cleaning up the sylicone from under the ski, it was smeared all over the bottom of the hull an ride plate. I havent taken the pump out yet to clean up the sylicone inside. How much wil it effect me on the top end if i dont clean it out??

Ultra 250TN runs one with no problem. I think that is why he is faster than me

As far as cleaning up the sloppy silicone I doubt it will give you much, but it sure won't hurt!

Oh yeah, I haven't cleaned mine up either.

Quote Originally Posted by xplayer2885 View Post
    Has anyone installed the R&D fuel exstender so your able to run longer?? The gas tank seems almost impossible to take out, an also will the motor run lean??? I dont really wanna be blowing stuff up. Also will it void my warrenty? I also just got done cleaning up the sylicone from under the ski, it was smeared all over the bottom of the hull an ride plate. I havent taken the pump out yet to clean up the sylicone inside. How much wil it effect me on the top end if i dont clean it out??

Fuel Extender

I installed one on mine, it was very easy, no need to take the tank out. Took me about 2.5 hours but i am a very noobish to the ski so i was taking my time and looking at other stuff as well just trying to learn my ski a bit better. Follow the directions that come with it closely and skips write up and you will be fine. I got confused on one part but just had to read skips write up closer and cleared it right up.

Haven't had the ski in the water yet to test it its been very stormy everyday this week pretty much but hopfully this weekned i'lll get it out on coralville lake and test it some.

Exclamation

So you install this fuel extender, but you have no info on your fuel level once it reaches the limit of the float.
    So I`m guessing that everyone is guessing how much fuel/ride time they have left after the buzzer starts.
    What`s the problem with fuel level float adjustment.
    Can you adjust it to read the level correctly or not.
    If I`m running low on fuel it would be nice to know at what point you need to refuel....
    Therefore I don`t get the point of the fuel extender other than you can run the tank dry.... Damaging the fuel pump and spending more money...

i have posted this info several times . i dont think the fuel extender is a must for everyone

when you are on plane and run out of gas the tank wil take over 20 gallons to fill it back to the top , so if it is a 22 gallon tank then that means you only have a little over a gallon in the tank

for many people not being able to get to that last gallon isnt a problem

the buzzer goes off way early but the fuel extender isnt goanna help that

it seem like when the buzzer goes off and if you immediately go re fill there is 6 to 8 gallons left , so if you kept riding it wont run out for a while giving you plenty of time to get gas , now if you run out of gas 3 miles from the gas dock you will wish you had the extender but in many circumstances it may not be needed

Silence! I Keel You! earthshaker's Avatar
    +1
    fuel capacity is 20.6 gallons

Quote Originally Posted by earthshaker View Post
    fuel capacity is 20.6 gallons

if that is correct then you reallly dont need the fuel extender at all , cause when i went empty on plane i took over 20 gallons to re fill

but you have to factor in the fact that the meter on the gas pump might read a little high (crooks)

I refill with about 2 bars left and only put in 14 gallons.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information