Thread: rxp noisey

rxp noisey

2005 RXP I have a strange rattel noise on acc sounds like it might be from pump.
    This has just happend after i fitted 3 blade prop and worx intake grid. do you think this noise could be normal

Banned User
    Quote Originally Posted by hino06 View Post
    2005 RXP I have a strange rattel noise on acc sounds like it might be from pump.
    This has just happend after i fitted 3 blade prop and worx intake grid. do you think this noise could be normal

Your impeller makes a rattling noise as it spins on the wear ring. Not sure if that's your Ratttle, could you discribe a little more?

thanks for your reply. rattel is there under load 30mph and up sounds like something stuck in pump housing. the noise stops when you back off the gas.

Bearing Change?

I don't know much about this mod but think I heard you need to upgrade the pump bearing for a 3-blade impellor. Did you do this, or just fit the 3-blade?

Banned User
    Quote Originally Posted by hino06 View Post
    thanks for your reply. rattel is there under load 30mph and up sounds like something stuck in pump housing. the noise stops when you back off the gas.
    If you have the Riva grate, a squeal or rattle while doing power turns is normaL. what are your mods?

+1
    I know that some people experience vibrations with a 3-blade in a stock pump. I just put my friend's 3-blade in my boat to get an idea of what pitch i need and i could feel vibrations. He told me to get a lighted and balanced 3-blade from skat-trak and he thinks I won't have a problem with vibrations anymore.

Just gotta say I love the 3-blade over a 4-blade for racing. The holeshot and midrange of that 3-blade blew my mind.

guss what the noise is gone refitted stock intake. went for a ride on long wekend quite as a mouse. i dont know why the (worx) after market intake grate is noisey. maby miss match to 3 blade scat-trax prop

Thread Information