Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: kawisaki???

kawisaki???

anyone know how fast the stand up kawl 800 sx-r is. were looking at getting an new stand up and want to know if the this one is faster than the yamaha? how fast is the yamaha also?? and how does the 3d compar to these??

Santa Monika, People's Republik of Kalifornia...
    +1
    A stock SXR will go high 40s (48ish)
    A stock SJ more like 42-44...

What 11 said.

The 3D does about 50mph. The 3D DI no one seems to know. Although the new 06 seadoo line up is out already the 3D DI won't become available until summer. That's what I was told. And they are a special order item. I think dealers are afraid of being stuck with them like the 3D.

The 3D DI will have the 951 and weighs just over 600lbs. I think it is close to the XP DI. The XP did about 60mph so the 3D DI should be close to that. It has the same engine and hull like the XP. But then again who knows.

If they really want to sell the 3D DIs they are going to have to come up with a better selling point and price. I was really starting to want one but now I have lost interest. I was seriously thinking about getting a SXR but now I think I am going to have to go with hydrospace. I've heard really good things about them, performance 56-58mph, handling just as good if not better than a SXR with no porpoising at all.

I am going to wait just a little longer to see if the price will drop but may have to trade in the superjet.

+1
    buy a 3-D and tear out the DI and put in a 1050BB sorry got alittle crazy there, how fast would that thing go with a 1050 in it?

That would be awesome. Or they should put in the 4 tec scic. Can you imagine that. Don't know if it would fit but they should make it fit. I saw a superjet with a 951 in it.

+1
    And while you're at it slap an XPL top deck with a UMI steering on top of that shit, at least you won't have a worthless piece of shit wannabe stand up, you'll have an awesome runabout.

Such hatred for the 3D,

Kinda reminds me of harley bikers in the past who hated hondas and yamahas when they started with the cruisers.

Now its all about riding.......what ever you have.

Trikes are making a come back with their V-8s. Watch out big wheel lovers. You can be a biker too.

+1
    Not hate, higher standards.

fabrication guru rapidacceleration's Avatar
    +1
    And while you're at it slap an XPL top deck with a UMI steering on top of that shit, at least you won't have a worthless piece of shit wannabe stand up, you'll have an awesome runabout.
    i gotta agree with 11 on this one.

hornet, im sure i could fit a 4tec in there
    but what a waste of a nice motor that would be.

If your in the market for a stand up I would wait, word is 4 stroke stand ups are due in 07!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information