Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

WARNING!!! all Mudbug attendees please read

And if you read this please pass the word to everyone you see!!!

I have already been approached by the Sherriff's department due to multiple complaints of jet skis racing thru the residential area (the area just leaving Doiron's landing)

Guys, i mentioned on the sheet that was handed out to you at the hotel. PLEASE do not travel at a high rate of speed behind camps/houses. I was on the phone with a deputy as he was watching skis race behind these houses.

Please excercise some courtesy for the locals and do your racing in the back bayou areas and the area marked for "grudge racing" on the map.

Thanks for your cooperation in this matter.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Hulk View Post
    And if you read this please pass the word to everyone you see!!!

I have already been approached by the Sherriff's department due to multiple complaints of jet skis racing thru the residential area (the area just leaving Doiron's landing)

Guys, i mentioned on the sheet that was handed out to you at the hotel. PLEASE do not travel at a high rate of speed behind camps/houses. I was on the phone with a deputy as he was watching skis race behind these houses.

Please excercise some courtesy for the locals and do your racing in the back bayou areas and the area marked for "grudge racing" on the map.

Thanks for your cooperation in this matter.
    Sometimes it's bigger than they/you/me are to NOT hit the throttle when someone is cruising 40mph & the other guy comes along at 42mph....."Oh yeah " 50 mph..... The other guy .."Oh yeah "...70 mph. Next thing you know they only see 30 ft ahead of them at 70+ mph & aren't paying attention to the surroundings. It's like have the rice burners dragging on your street in front of your house.

Got it Jerry. My group was made aware of the problem at Dorians and we kept looking for SIGNS marking the no wake start, like at Dorians, but could not find the ending sign so we were puzzled and not sure where to start and stop. The zones are not marked very well but we will use common sense and be careful and respectful of the residents. Thanks for the heads up.

By the way we are really enjoying the area and the rideing. We rode 90 miles today and had a ball without a problem. We ate lunch at Gros. He had great jumbalya and red beans, outstanding. Looking forward to meeting you sometime.

LafJax
    Trubo Todd
    Kristy
    Jon

+1
    This is a little blown out of water, People, the first row of houses is the no wake zone. Jerry, Everyone I saw on the water was being vary couteous.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by IEGPR View Post
    Everyone I saw on the water was being vary couteous.
    I agree! Once i got out there i wondered what all the fuss was about. There really wasn't that many skis out at all.
    I heard a few stories of people being harrassed by the locals

Will work on YOUR ski for FREE! GeoRXT's Avatar
    +1
    Agreed, and will pass the word out.

They're just pissed that you guys are takin all the local hotties down there

Jerry, I was waved to slow down by the deputy. I was alone doing maybe 30-35 and about 300 yards OUT of the no wake zone. I saw others closer and faster, but nothing real bad. Infact I was at the ramp most of friday morning and only ever saw one ski not obey the no wake.

The area isn't marked real well and if they want people to go slower through the area.. they need to put up signs or something. It's not fair to people visiting for them to obey the visible signs and still get in trouble.

Just my 2 cents.

Quote Originally Posted by Green Hulk View Post
    I agree! Once i got out there i wondered what all the fuss was about. There really wasn't that many skis out at all.
    I heard a few stories of people being harrassed by the locals
    We would wave at some, they would flick us the bird back!
    Fricken priceless!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by VOODOO View Post
    They're just pissed that you guys are takin all the local hotties down there
    You said it! I saw a few pissed off guys in the bar. Them LA girls love Texas accents.

As for the locals, most were very nice but man there were a few that were pissed off. We got off course and was going through a bayou in the back. I was following Mike Ervin. By the time I came through, they were about ready to get the guns out. They really need to mark the areas better and then there would be no problems. I saw no one run through the areas that were marked except for a few boaters.
    Last edited by KirkF350; 06-10-2007 at 07:40 PM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information