Exhaust Header, Hydrofoil...

Ok help me out here:

Exhaust Header:
    I have a back ground in Automobile mechnics (college level) and I am having a hard time beliving that the GTX 4Tech does not product more power with a separate header for each exhaust. What makes PWCs so different? Has any tested for improved torque output instead of power and how was the HP and Torque curve was effected?

Hydrofoil:
    Has there been any research into developing a ride plate (for recreational use) which is also a hydrofoil. I would think first the extra metal would act as an additional heat extractor and at the same time help lift the boat out of the water but keep it in at the same time. Which I think would be great for offshore riding (which is what Bermuda only has).

Bermuda Offshore PWC Championships:
    How many of you out there do a PWC Offshore race in Bermuda? I am toying with the idea but would like to see what PWC world thinks and would like to see in such an event (outside of big prize money

Outeka

1. Maybe you could make us a new header. Not saying stock one isn't good, but most of the mods involve getting air in. I guess the stock one isn't the choke point yet.

2. Look in Jerry's store at the rideplate skegs. It epoxy's to the botton of hull and covers the rideplate.

3. No

MANIFOLD

since you have to run water through the exhaust manifold to cool it im sure it would cost 3 million dollars for an aftermarket exhaust header!

Quote Originally Posted by outeka View Post
    Hydrofoil:
    Has there been any research into developing a ride plate (for recreational use) which is also a hydrofoil. I would think first the extra metal would act as an additional heat extractor and at the same time help lift the boat out of the water but keep it in at the same time. Which I think would be great for offshore riding (which is what Bermuda only has).
    And if you lifted the hull out of the water just how would the pump get water??

Quote Originally Posted by DIGGS View Post
    since you have to run water through the exhaust manifold to cool it im sure it would cost 3 million dollars for an aftermarket exhaust header!

Do you think there would be a Green Hulk coupon code for this? 10% maybe

Quote Originally Posted by DIGGS View Post
    Please with me, but why does it need water to cool it? Is it to protect the fibre glass from burning or just to suppress the exhaust noise?

Quote Originally Posted by Speed200 View Post
    And if you lifted the hull out of the water just how would the pump get water??
    Only high enough to get on the plane that all is after.

Thaanks for your response.

Quote Originally Posted by outeka View Post
    Please with me, but why does it need water to cool it? Is it to protect the fibre glass from burning or just to suppress the exhaust noise?
    the manifold is aluminum in why it needs water, there is a water jacketed header that can be obtained for $1500-2000. Hydofoil -- if the hull is out of the water the ski will not turn, might work on a propeller driven craft but not a jet.

+1
    Just ordered my header......and got my 300,000.00 discount from Jerry, going to buy a house with the savings

what about stainless steel header? heehhe but... i have a long style turbo manifold on my turboed car and it sees much better spool and top end power than my previous runner style manifold... some apps are different but a log style can still be a viable manifold.

Thread Information