07 RXP !!!!need help

so i have juss got a 07 rxp.... ive put 4hrs on it and i am seeing everyone going crazy about getting rid of the stock supercharger washers..... with the metal ones does it void the warrenty ???? and where can i get what i need ....... thanks alot guys

Here are the parts: http://www.4-tecperformance.com/inde...roducts_id=390

Here is how to remove your SC:
    http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=13403

Here is where to send your sc: http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/show...071#post243071

Jerry does grade A work and has a really fast turn around time. You can also do it your self but requires you to purchase a couple tools my suggestion if your not going to do a lot of modifications to your ski just send your sc to Jerry and be done with it.

They will only void the warranty if they can prove the washers caused the failure. This isn't me talking out of my ass it is law according to the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act, dealers will tell you anything will void the warranty because most people won't fight it.

Personally I would do the following.....if I had a very good mechanic who had the resources to make sea-doo rebuild the motor after a ceramic failure and not just clean the screens then I would keep the ceramics until my warranty expired. If I had some clown with his thumb up his kiester I would put metal washers in.

99% of the time you are going to want to put the metal washers in. I'm fortunate that I have an awesome mechanic here that I can depend on if needed, but most people have a monkey with poseable thumbs.

Bakersfield Ca. (The armpit of California)

Hey Lurker

Hey I live down here in Bakersfield and was wondering who your mechanic was? The local dealer here in Bakersfield isn't real helpful. I went into them last week and asked them about the ceramic washers and was told that if they were replaced they wouldn't do any warranty work on the ski. If theres a reliable mechanic up in the Visalia area I would like to get his info in case I need any work done.

RedDevilRXP----what tools do you need to buy to work on the SC?
    Are they in Jerry's store?

They are, you need the shaft holding tool and the support plate makes everything a lot easier but can be done without it. Here are the instructions:

http://69.28.79.48/Instructions/rs1750_hdw_946.pdf

Thanks----

+1
    I say take the SC off yourself, it's very easy, and send it off to Jerry for him to install the metal washers on your SC. If something happens down the road and the dealer says something about your warranty is voided because of metal washers, play dumb. Mention to them the only person who has worked on it is you (the dealer), "WTF did you do to my ski, why did you put metal washers in ski, what type of mechanic are you, you do realize metal washers floating around in the engine is just asking for problems."

If I had a Sea Doo shop, I would telling everybody for an extra $1,000 (on top of the cost of a new ski) we can replace a component on the SC to make it bullet proof, we are so confindent about this we will give you an addition 4 yr warranty for free. If they think it's a gimmick, show pictures of customers skis who did not go for this option, also it would not hurt to mention BRP does not warranty this type of failure during the warranty period.

I hear ya----I'm waitng for the green wheels to arrive to send my SC to Jerry. If I end up becoming a mod jukie like alot of others here, I may end up starting the tool collection...

Chris, PM sent
    ~Josh

Thread Information