99 Yamaha xl1200, or 01 Seadoo GTX DI.

I been looking at these 2 for a while online, and they both seem to be in my price range. Just wondering if I can get some help in the deciding of which one I can get. Both are 2 stroke, yamaha has more power than the seadoo, and both are 3 seaters. My buddy with a xl1200 tops out about 57ish, and I have read reaviews on the Seadoo that they can top 60+.

I want something fast, sturdy, and reliable.

What would you pick and why?
    Thanks
    Im going to post this in the Seadoo forum as well to see what they say!

+1
    Go for the Yamaha... great hull, great engine. They run 57 or so stock, but you can get them in the low to mid 60's for not too much money at all. Jim has his wifes '99XLL going well over 70.

I bought my 1999 xll1200 3 months ago, and i must say i love it. i am a big fat guy (390 lbs lol yes for real) and with a few mods my top gps # is 63.8 in 75 degree air temp. it is very stable. and not too bad on gas either. I do not know much about sea doo but yamaha make a pretty good ski for the money. all together i have under 4500 bucks in my ski with mods and a bran new single trailer and a used double trailer. not bad for almost 64mph.

thanks jim for the ride plate and head work ......................

Quote Originally Posted by ebarfool View Post
    I bought my 1999 xll1200 3 months ago, and i must say i love it. i am a big fat guy (390 lbs lol yes for real) and with a few mods my top gps # is 63.8 in 75 degree air temp. it is very stable. and not too bad on gas either. I do not know much about sea doo but yamaha make a pretty good ski for the money. all together i have under 4500 bucks in my ski with mods and a bran new single trailer and a used double trailer. not bad for almost 64mph.

thanks jim for the ride plate and head work ......................
    wow.. good to hear. I really have narrowed it down to a Yamaha instead of a Seadoo. Im now looking for speed, so I may choose the gp1200 or 1300. But congrats on your xl1200 and that speed. What kind of mods do you have on, besided the ride plate. Seems like you got some great speed, even for bein a big guy.

Let me know
    thanks

get with jim in flordia, he has got his wifes xl1200 in the mid 70's from what i hear. he will help you out on what mods to do also. I saw a big difference when i got my stock head worked. i took it out this morning and let a buddy try it out (he is around 240 lbs) he ran a 65.8 on my ski. if you get an xl/xlt and start modding it, just make sure you get a intake grate (R&D). i am pretty much done modding this ski this year. i might do the bigbore kit over the winter.

not to bring up an old thread but i just bought my 99 xl1200. who is jim in florida? i would like to ask him a few things. i myself also live down his way in florida. thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by mcewen View Post
    not to bring up an old thread but i just bought my 99 xl1200. who is jim in florida? i would like to ask him a few things. i myself also live down his way in florida. thanks in advance.
    He is Jim 1300 on there forum. He does modded rideplates for almost all of us and other things. Top notch tuner in the Yamaha world!

i didn't see him on this forum i need to get in contact with him asap. thanks

there doesn't seem to be a member with that name? how about this member? http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/member.php?u=1073

+1
    3 great skis out there Yamaha Yamaha yamaha

Thread Information