New Mod, Slow ski

I just got my ski back in the water after my waterbox mod and getting rid of the bailing system that worked bass ackwards! I ran a couple of wide open runs with a friend who has an '06 ski like mine and he is getting better rpm's and beating the crap outta me! We both have stage 1 done but I have the modded waterbox and i also bypassed the resonator. i thought i would get the 4hp and 50 rpm's that i read about on here? before i did the waterbox mod i had hi-temp exhaust code that came up before my waterbox blew up, should i disconnect battery to clear code or does dealer have to do that? I am only seeing my rpm's peak at about 7600-7650 when i have had it up to 8100 prior to my waterbox failure and modification. Any suggestions to why i am so slow and have low rpms than the same ski with less mods? PR - thanx!!!!

Banned User
    [quote=adrenalin;306463]I just got my ski back in the water after my waterbox mod and getting rid of the bailing system that worked bass ackwards! I ran a couple of wide open runs with a friend who has an '06 ski like mine and he is getting better rpm's and beating the crap outta me! We both have stage 1 done but I have the modded waterbox and i also bypassed the resonator. i thought i would get the 4hp and 50 rpm's that i read about on here? before i did the waterbox mod i had hi-temp exhaust code that came up before my waterbox blew up, should i disconnect battery to clear code or does dealer have to do that? I am only seeing my rpm's peak at about 7600-7650 when i have had it up to 8100 prior to my waterbox failure and modification. Any suggestions to why i am so slow and have low rpms than the same ski with less mods? PR - thanx!!!![/quote

Possible that SC washers needed to be replaced or shimmed. You know how to do slip moment test on your SC? Have you upgraded o Jerry's washers yet? If not you need to

slip moment test? tell me tell me!!! no washers yet, i figure thats what I need to do now!!!!!

why does everyone jump on the washers first?

What exactly did you do to the waterbox? There are a couple of different mods out there. You could have a toasted wear ring or impeller or both, check the wear ring clearance. You may also have some kind of blockage in the exaust.

Banned User
    Cause he said he hasn't done them yet..

A slip moment test is when you test the SC slippage. Search Slip moment test and you'll see how.
    Last edited by Alex13; 06-10-2007 at 07:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by _Lurker_ View Post
    What exactly did you do to the waterbox? There are a couple of different mods out there. You could have a toasted wear ring or impeller or both, check the wear ring clearance. You may also have some kind of blockage in the exaust.
    I did jerry's waterbox mod...cut end off, shorten pipe, drill 3 holes in baffle, and put back together. i just replaced the wear ring before this season and I highly doubt impeller is toast. i am pretty careful about where i ride and how deep it is where i ride, but ya never know though. anymore thoughts about this would be appreciated!!! instead of doing the slip test i will probly jus replace the washers just to be on the safe side, but will really be p-o'd if that doesnt fix my rpm problem.....

Thread Information