Mudbug Casualty Thread

So.. the thread no one wants to be in.

I lost an oil line and who knows what else. I haven't gotten the nerve yet to go any deeper than pulling the head.

jims 1300 was putting a cylinder and piston in when I was pulling out.

A couple skis sank apparently..

Who else?

+1
    I saw a ski with a rope in the pump and the radar run and it would not come out. Also Abbot in an attempt to shed whight ran out of fule on his speed run. Now thats cutting it close.

+1
    chezzy's xlt blew up. j d's turbo blew up, BDNJ sank from his carbon seal leaking. they're probably several more

fabrication guru rapidacceleration's Avatar
    +1
    well about 4 hours ago i took a major wipeout at 70 and bounced-skipped-and cartwheeled a few times. bruized my leg and shoulder bad.

but the worst part was i lost my new helmetcam still got the carcorder in the waterproof box but the bullitcam ripped right off. i just bought it last week and was shooting video all weekend.. i did catch the first part of the wipeout.. ill post the vid when i get home..

were headding back to texas right now on I10.. so i got about 8 more hours to kill... gonna spend it editting the vids from this weekend.

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by rapidacceleration View Post
    well about 4 hours ago i took a major wipeout at 70 and bounced-skipped-and cartwheeled a few times. bruized my leg and shoulder bad.
    Hate to hear that Rapid.If its any consolation,I was trying to GPS in front of 4 boats on the shore with employees,friends and full audience.A strong front was moving in,as I came out of the cove I hit a small roller,and a gust of wind blew the ski right out from underneath me.I did a tuck and roll and got lucky.I'll be sore tomorrow.Took forever to get to my ski,looked in the glove box and the GPS said 68 when I came off.Good thing I didnt have her streched all the way out yet.I took a hard slap in the face and a bruised ego.

I had a major carbon seal leak I think so had to call it an early day Saturday. I'm sure the bilge pump would have keep up but I wasn't taking a chance. Not to mention the cavitation was aweful. Had a great time though watching some fast ass skis!!!!

not sure yet. but had to be towed from jerry s crawfish boil... wont crank and when it does it sounds like its running on 2 cyl.... will be doing a compression test tomorrow and maybe start pulling the head...

but still had fun!!!

Thread Information