Unhappy 04 GPR1300 OEM Decal Issue -Take a look.

Ok so I am updating my 02 GP800r and I like the 04 Gp1300r oem decals. So I decide I want to buy them and put them on my boat...obviously with out the GP1300r logo, will cut it out.

Anywho I received the decals and one of the decals that goes on the left side under the seat is a completely differnet blue and is very shinny, so I call the place that I got them from and long story, they ended up sending 2 replacements that were wrong in color. Now I have a 6 decal set and 1 does not match so in the end I cant use unless they all match or it will look like crap. I put a pic of an 04 GP1300r as this is how the decals should look.

Take a look at the pic. If anyone has the same decal as one of the top 3, but in the light blue color of the bottom decal, consider it mine...just let me know how much.

Thanks
    E.S.

+1
    I recently ordered the same replacement decals for my 03 from boats.net.Both came in the yamaha tubes as yours did. The one side was perfect. The other side was a joke. The orange was 3 shades lighter,the blues and purples are grainey and looks like it was done on a crappy inkjet printer. The good one had a manufacture date of 2004, so im sure it was original old stock. The crappy one had a date of 2006. I dont know who's making yamahas replacement decals now, but they suck.

The crappy decal was originally on backorder,then they magically came up with one. The tube has someones name on it in pen thats been scratched out. I think it was a return that they gave me knowing it was junk.

So, at this point im screwed. Dont know who to turn to now to get a good one. I guess my local dealer that i buy my skis from.

Funny thing, thats who I got mine from. Everything else I got for my ski from them was fine. I am dealing with Jessica there.

The one that I am having problems with is on the left side.
    Does yours match the light blue or dark blue in my pic?

E.S.
    Last edited by Minx20; 06-09-2007 at 11:58 PM. Reason: spelling

+1
    Jessica is who i dealt with also. Everything else i ordered i got fine and it was as expected,but the decals,man theyre bad,i just took a few pics. The decal up top are the right colors for my ski.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DCP00592.JPG 
Views:	41 
Size:	85.3 KB 
ID:	27425   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DCP00593.JPG 
Views:	34 
Size:	84.6 KB 
ID:	27426   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DCP00594.JPG 
Views:	42 
Size:	93.7 KB 
ID:	27427  

+1
    Same here,its the left side that sucks.

I am hoping it is just them and I can get one that is correct form someone else.

Problem is that if I order them from the local dealer and it comes wrong again, I will have to eat it. Maybe it is our source that we are getting them from...maybe they have a bad batch in stock. Worse case I think I can get a graphics company to match the good one I have, just reverse it and it should work.

We'll see

+1
    Im going to call them up and see what they can do as far as a swap. I really hate to pay to ship a $16 decal back. But, i also hate to order another one from them thinking im going to get a good one. At least with my local dealer i can refuse it on the spot before i pay for it.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by KamikazeGPR View Post
    Im going to call them up and see what they can do as far as a swap. I really hate to pay to ship a $16 decal back. But, i also hate to order another one from them thinking im going to get a good one. At least with my local dealer i can refuse it on the spot before i pay for it.
    They had no problem to swap with me, but it seems they have no way to compare the decal against another one. They also were supposed to send me a different decal I ordered as well, but mixed up the order and confused the RMA and I ended up with 3 of the same decal that they incorrectly sent in the beginning. Go figure, but at least they seem to work with the customer and try to work things out.

E.S.

Thread Information