My lucky streak continues.

Well as many of you know I had and issue with a rock trashing my new prop, liner, gouging the hull, and scaring the pump right before my first speed run of the year.

Well I finally got it all fixed and put back together. Today I went out to get some long awaited speed and RPM runs completed.

I had everything ready and brought the engine up to operating temps while I slowly went to the testing area. I was excited to finally get things going and I had a smile on my face. I got to the starting point and nail the throttle, it jumped out of the water and was really pulling hard, I watched the GPS climb quickly to 74.5 mph and still pulling when all of a sudden the engine locks up without warning suddenly and I have a VERY fast deceleration.

I thought the worst and yanked the seat off just knowing I blew the engine.
    NOPE!! Another nick nac BS mistake. I was running without the bucket and when I left the dock I wound the rope and threw it in front of the fuel tank In the nose. When I accelerated it somehow worked its way back and got under the shaft cover and wound itself around the shaft and coupler.
    It wiped out the grease fitting hose, the inside siphon hose, blew the cover off the shaft, took out the electrical box on the side of the ignition, yanked off the jetworks valve, tore a jetworks hose, wraped the hose loom in the rope and coupler, took out most of the hose and wire ties back there, locked up the engine, and screwed up my rope as well.

Basicly the rope stopped the engine DEAD at over 7000 RPMs!!!

The good parts: Coming to a instant stop (not even prop spin) from 74+ mph and climbing with a 1200 grate and NO TABS was very stable and stayed straight and solid without a flaw. Just one FAST stop!

Things are looking good since the speed was still climbing with FULL fuel, sitting on the seat, and 1200 grate.
    Even though it ended my day after 10 minutes I had a friend there to tow me back in.
    I had all the parts, hoses ect in the shop to have it all fixed in under 2 hours with beer drinking included.
    Its ready for the water again tommorow.

MORAL TO STORY>>>> If your not using your storage bucket make sure everything is secured and not able to move around in the hull.
    Last edited by porksword; 06-10-2007 at 01:14 AM.

+1
    Don't feel bad, shit happens. When I was in Florida visiting Jim, a fellow rider there ended up with a gatorade bottle stuck in the black air box for the throttle bodies. How the hell it ended up making its way perfectly into the air box baffles me. After a little pulling, they took the gatorade bottle out and Eric had himself a drink before going back out racing.
    SHOOTER

+1
    no..

+1

Quote Originally Posted by shooter98xpl View Post
    Don't feel bad, shit happens. When I was in Florida visiting Jim, a fellow rider there ended up with a gatorade bottle stuck in the black air box for the throttle bodies. How the hell it ended up making its way perfectly into the air box baffles me. After a little pulling, they took the gatorade bottle out and Eric had himself a drink before going back out racing.
    SHOOTER
    Yeah its hard to think of all the crap that could go wrong, but Im slowly adding to the list. There was a couple things I wanted to do when the stinger was removed anyway so this just gave me the motvation needed to get it done.

Now its been raining all day today so far, but its suposed to stop so I can get back out there and try again.

Thread Information