Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    +1

Did anybody else have a poor running ski?

My ski is only running 63.6 @ 7,490rpms with the wedge. We replaced the BOV and sealed the pump again. Hole shot is decent, but the top speed is not as advertised! Has anybody else had this problem and corrected it?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
    My ski is only running 63.6 @ 7,490rpms with the wedge. We replaced the BOV and sealed the pump again. Hole shot is decent, but the top speed is not as advertised! Has anybody else had this problem and corrected it?
    Is that checked by GPS?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by jpack View Post
    Is that checked by GPS?
    Yep. All my posted speeds are GPS.

+1
    Yep. All my posted speeds are GPS.
    Wow, if you look around, most guys seem to be getting higher rpm's & much better top speed than that. I'd go back to the dearler & get it figured out...

YOu have your oil level set right? It's not still overfilled from Kawasaki

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcolog2 View Post
    YOu have your oil level set right? It's not still overfilled from Kawasaki
    I checked it yesterday when the ski was warm (not hot) and the oil came to the middle hole. The oil was very clear as well.

I ran a 61 @ 7590 not GPS just above 3/4 throttle not full. Water was moderate not glass. I weigh 215 and I had my 115lb daughter riding behind me. I aslo have 10lb anchor and coolers of water and other Items. This was also at 1/2 a tank of gas. NO MODS bone stock. It seems Iam also getting better gas mileage than my wifes 250x.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBaron View Post
    I ran a 61 @ 7590 not GPS just above 3/4 throttle not full. Water was moderate not glass. I weigh 215 and I had my 115lb daughter riding behind me. I aslo have 10lb anchor and coolers of water and other Items. This was also at 1/2 a tank of gas. NO MODS bone stock. It seems Iam also getting better gas mileage than my wifes 250x.
    I'll bet there is a big difference between 3/4 and full throttle.

Friday was record setting heat in central Va., 100 degrees. Skis would only run 63mph at 7490 rpms. Today, 80 degrees, very low humidity, ski ran 65.2 at 7780 rpms. Exact same gas levels (full), rider, water conditions, etc.. The performance is really affected by temps/humidity. I'm starting to wonder if it would help to push more water through the intercooler via bigger ports and cool the intake charge more. The good news is that other forced induction skis seem to be equally impacted.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by tom4416 View Post
    Friday was record setting heat in central Va., 100 degrees. Skis would only run 63mph at 7490 rpms. Today, 80 degrees, very low humidity, ski ran 65.2 at 7780 rpms. Exact same gas levels (full), rider, water conditions, etc.. The performance is really affected by temps/humidity. I'm starting to wonder if it would help to push more water through the intercooler via bigger ports and cool the intake charge more. The good news is that other forced induction skis seem to be equally impacted.
    I was on Lake Anna Saturday. Not as hot as Friday but still 90 and humid. My ski would only run about 66 even with the exhaust and wedge mods. My rpm's were down at least 150.
    I am begining to think that high temps and humidity will slow these skis down more than expected. My best speed before mods was 67.6 but it was only in the upper 60's and no humidity.
    Last edited by Beagleman62; 06-10-2007 at 09:44 PM.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information