Thread: 250x Roll over

250x Roll over

Just wondering if any of you guys have rolled the 250x or not, and what precautions to take after doing so.

I rolled mine yesterday, and it would idle fine, but I couldn't get on it. I idled it back to dock and obviously it was filled with water from such a bad submarine and rolling over.

It was only upside down for about 20 seconds. But I know tons of oil backfed from the oil catch can lines into the intake, the clear drain tube was filled.

I think it wouldn't get on it because of all the oil in the mixture (2stroke style baby!)

I'm going to pull the whole intake and intercooler and everything and and make sure to get as much of the oil out.

Just wondering if there are any other things I should check. It ran fine out of the water after the oil was drained from the intake tube.

Dave

Just pulled the intercooler, it was clean, no oil there. Wonder if I should bother pulling the intake or just let it the oil finish draining out of the clear drain tube

How did you roll 'er?

Messing around with my buddy on his ski, we were chasing each other around splashing each other, in my attempt to stop and let him fly by me to avoid his monster splash, I tossed her in reverse, not using throttle, which in all my experience just helps you stop faster. I had no intention of using throttle because obviously you nose dive like a son of a gun.

But, thanks to the smart steering, it added the necessary throttle to nose dive and send me flying. It was fun as hell lol. My buddy wished he had a video camera cause he said it was hilarious lol.

Everything seems fine on the ski, just some oil in the airbox.

Hope boss man doesnt read yer posts cuz there may have been some violations with this. Were you also pullin skiers in a no wake zone with no mirrors and no glasses after sunset? Glad yer fine and hope boats ok!

As long as there's no water in the oil and the oil is full up, I would just run it and let the excess oil burn off. I'm in the body shop business and we do this with roll overs all the time, they smoke like hell for a while but then all is good.

No I wasn't towing a skier, my buddy was on a yamaha, it wasn't after sunset yet, and yea I'm pleanty ok lol.

There was no oil in the intercooler or anything at all, so glad about that. It ran good today. Speed seemed a little slower than normal though...We'll see what happens I guess. Won't have time to ride for 2 weeks, going north for some family stuff.

Thread Information