Arrow OEM DECAL INSTALLATION Help

I am looking to install 04 graphics on my ski. I was told by someone else that you need to use the soap and water method to place them. I have done this before with decals that have the special paper on the top, etc, but these decals just don't seem to be those types. They only have the backing paper on the adhesive side. I guess this is normal.

Does anyone have any tips or expirence doing this as I want to get it right the first time.

Thanks
    E.S.

mix alittle baby shampoo and water in a spray bottle. spray the ski and the sticker them apply, this gives you the ability to adjust your decal. squeegy sticker to remove air bubbles and water between the decal and the ski. let it sit out in the sun for a day or 2 so the sun can dry out any remaining soap/water. might even want to wait a week to take the ski out for a spin to alow it to stick good. just my 2 cents.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by ebarfool View Post
    mix alittle baby shampoo and water in a spray bottle. spray the ski and the sticker them apply, this gives you the ability to adjust your decal. squeegy sticker to remove air bubbles and water between the decal and the ski. let it sit out in the sun for a day or 2 so the sun can dry out any remaining soap/water. might even want to wait a week to take the ski out for a spin to alow it to stick good. just my 2 cents.
    great tip thanks..mine will be off soon as i marked one on my 05 ..baby shampoo at the ready

Can you buy the factory (or any aftermarket) decals for an older ski?

I'm looking at maybe getting a 2000 XL2000Ltd, depending on the condition of the decals, I might want to replace them (or some of them).

...and any idea of the cost?

+1

Decal application procedure applying decals

I just installed NEW decals on my wife's 2002 EFI.
    * Windex worked great.

Stuff needed:
    1. Windex
    2. Paper towels
    3. window tint sqegee ( can be found at autoparts store)
    4. Patience
    5. Rubbing Alcohol
    * Remove old decal and clean old glue with Alcohol
    * Clean the ski well with glass cleaner.
    * Dry
    * Liberally apply glass cleaner to the hull
    * Peel the associated decal backing
    * Liberally apply glass cleaner to the sticky part of the decal
    * Make sure both the hull and decal back are wet with glass cleaner.
    * Dont' worry about alot of glass cleaner dripping everywhere.
    * Apply decal and position where you want it.
    * Spray the graphic side of the decal
    * Use a window tint squegee and being to sqeeze out any windex from under the decal.
    * Being from the center and work your way to the outside of the decals edge.
    * Keep squegeeing the decal until you get all the liquid frum under it.
    * Repeat these steps for all the the other decals.

This procedure will eliminate any air bubbles to become trapped under the decal. It will also allow you to position the decal exactly where you want it and not screw up. It gives you adjustment room while it is wet.

* I've done this several times and the decals come out PERFECT everytime. NO Air Bubbles ! No Wrinkles !

Let it dry for 24-48 hours and you'll be fine. I'd even let it bake in the sun the next day to ensure it is all dry.
    See my EFI 1200 thread for the decals.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by BlitzK View Post
    Can you buy the factory (or any aftermarket) decals for an older ski?

I'm looking at maybe getting a 2000 XL2000Ltd, depending on the condition of the decals, I might want to replace them (or some of them).

...and any idea of the cost?
    http://www.exoticsigns.com

They have some packages available for the XLL, or you can design your own and they can make them. I'm making a trip up there to see them Monday, they have been doing some work for me. Their prices are pretty reasonable too!

I would be concern about the amonia in the windex, I am not sure what it would do to the film. I installed an exotic signs kit and used a spray bottle full of water and 4 drops of dishwashing soap.

Allow the decal to dry for about 3 days under intense sun heat and make sure that you prep the surface by washing it first and then passing some denature alcohol in a rag.

+1
    Ammonia in windex won't hurt it. Great for cold climates. Not so great for warm climates.

Soap and water is a much better mix. Easier to move the decal around, dries slower. Easier to get the bubbles out. Ski needs to sit for a few days as Fernando suggested.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Hydrotoys View Post
    Ammonia in windex won't hurt it. Great for cold climates. Not so great for warm climates.

Soap and water is a much better mix. Easier to move the decal around, dries slower. Easier to get the bubbles out. Ski needs to sit for a few days as Fernando suggested.
    ammonia and windex for me the weekend then,its full summer time here and i am freezing my butt off and it aint stopped raining for over a week..

love the uk........not

+1
    No, he said the ammonia IN THE Windex.

I'd go 50/50 with the windex and water.

Thread Information