Thread: compression ?

compression ?

When riding my G.K.1390 yesterday I started getting a bog or hesitation mostley in the rough water like it was not geting enough fuel. I did a comp check and all three were reading in at 130 lbs. My other ski also a G.K.1390 reads in at 140lbs. What could cause this drop of comp in all three cylinders.

Unless you checked them before, I would say the compression didnt drop and thats the way its always been. It would be different if the # were all over the chart or just one was low, but if they are all the same I would say its just that way.

As for hesitation in mostly rough water, Was there any water that made it into the hull? As the water gets splashed around the engine will injest small quanities and give the hesitation or bogging feel.

No water in the haul. It would bog really hard almost die.

+1
    I'm thinking there might be something going on with the fuel pickup in the tank. That flap/screen has been a issue for some in the past. If you have a good amount of fuel in the tank, you might be able to pull the fuel supply pickup out 1/2 inch and run it again to see if does the same thing?
    Last edited by Troy Hammond; 06-10-2007 at 05:59 PM. Reason: add description

All give that a try, Troy call me. I lost your number.

just GOT TO DO IT! great lakes gpr 1200's Avatar
    Are you sure it is the motor bogging? could it be a prop skip? do you see it on the RPM tack?
    Do you have duel feed to the carbs? (not that it helps proformance). I would pull the fuel pick up and pull the trap door off any how, just because it could happen.

If it was only in athe rough, were you low on fuel. If so, the fuel sloshing around could have caused your fuel pickup to be sucking air.

It did seem to start happening the day before when I was on two bars of fuel. So I also thought I might be sucking air. But the next day it started doing it agian on half tank. I will try what you guys are telling me and see if it helps. I do not have daul pickup lines. Thanks for your reply's

Thread Information