Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Oil Light????

Oil Light????

The Oil Light Came On On My 05 Rxt And Want Rev Above 3500rpm??? Can Antonre Tell Me What Could Be Wrong??? The Oil Level Is Ok...please Help

Does Anyone Know What This Light Means???what Could Case It?

Does Anyone Know What This Light Means???what Could Case It?

+1
    It could be your preasure bypass sticking open... but it usually blows out oil when it sticks... but I'm not there to see it.

Have you had a ceramic washer failure on this engine that you know of?
    Does it show oil all the time or only on decel after it is to operating temp?
    What was done to the ski before this problem started?
    Steve

my 1st problem with my ski was that it will not rev and mph untill you hold it at wot for about 15-20sec and then its fine unless you cruise around and if that happens the problem starts all over again.... so i thought the washers were slipping!i replaced them with metal ones.... i'm at the beach and the problem is still not fixed.... now after riding in the surf for a half day, the oil light came on one time then went off. about an hour later, it came on and stayed on as you were above 3500 rpm. (my ceramic washers broke about 45 hours ago but no problems since) What could be causing this oil light?

If you did not have the engine stripped and cleaned properly after the ceramic failure, you may have lo oil pressure due to ceramic particles damaging the oil pump. If I were you, I would stop riding it now and have an oil pressure test. This condition can be a precursor to major engine failure. Looks like you may have had a lucky escape!

Quote Originally Posted by bic1 View Post
    If you did not have the engine stripped and cleaned properly after the ceramic failure, you may have lo oil pressure due to ceramic particles damaging the oil pump. If I were you, I would stop riding it now and have an oil pressure test. This condition can be a precursor to major engine failure. Looks like you may have had a lucky escape!
    also ceramic or metal particles could have jammed up the oil pressure reg!? or better yet , if the tech installed new pumps and pto cover and re-used the oil pressure reg, it surely broke up and piston in sleeve is stuck...PR...

+1
    You could also have ceramic particles causing you oil pressure switch to stick causing the light to come on.

what should the oil pressure be??? i'll check it...(where should i put my manual pressure gauge). If it says its ok,what could the problem be?? the oil sensor itself maybe?? any one had or seen this problem before?? I'm desperate-----I am on vacation and my kids want to ride it but we can't....PLEASE HELP!!!!!!
    Last edited by green05rxt; 06-11-2007 at 10:22 PM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information