Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Radar runs/bounce

All that were there know, but to those who werent, the radar runs were plagued with a bounce for many who raced.. Water wasnt perfect and had a strange current or something causing a bounce to almost anyone who was near or above the 80 mark, seems especially the yamahas of course.
    I think we would have seen 2-3 more mph out of MANY of these skis with perfect water. Its just so hard to get that many skis together and keep the water perfectly calm. I think a few yamahas removed their tabs for the radar run and had a bounce from it. I left mine shimmed down .050 and still fought a slight bounce at 79 that i know cost me at least 1 mph or more.
    I guess deciding on your radar run setup is a lot like what a nascar or nhra crew chief is faced with before the race. Conditions are never exactly known untill you are out there racing. But thats what makes it fun.

I bounced all the way down. I wasnt looking to set a speed record on my ski. I just wanted to say I did a run at the Bug!

Yeah it was a strange wind or water current right in the middle of the course. Sitting in the boat down at the end of the course you could see a surface change in the water. At soon as the ski would enter that they would start bouncing. It was a wierd thing for sure. We had a great time watching some fast ass skis though!!!!!!

Prohibido usuario
    +1
    There was a side channel at the bounce spot and i think wind was coming down it creating a different water condition. It also happened to be right at the spot where people were starting to top out. If the start and finish had been moved 100 yards south speeds would have been up. That's hind sight though and once the spots were chosen it would have been real difficult and time consuming to relocate. We know better for next year. After my run I went by the radar boat and ran to the end of that bayou and was 2/10's faster with less distance to get situated. Dan could see the chop and was radioing back to the start telling Billy to warn people.

+1
    It was pretty bad....I had to adjust my hat and glasses.

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrotoys View Post
    It was pretty bad....I had to adjust my hat and glasses.
    That was fricken hilarious my friend...

Banned User
    +1
    if its in the same spot next year, we need to ELIMINATE people from traveling down that area just to get back and forth...THey should go AROUND that area....Unless you are doing a run, you are not allowed to enter....Go around!

+1
    It was very chopped up due to the 100 + skis at the radar gun area bobbing around and then skis running back to the start location to make their run.

Next year we will let everyone who is going to participate head down to the start location. That way we can cut out the back and forth traffic.

OR they can do what I did and take the Lake around back to the starting line!

Quote Originally Posted by sleeplessnMS View Post
    OR they can do what I did and take the Lake around back to the starting line!
    I was wondering where you went, and then you popped back up at the starting line...
    Thats a good idea by the way

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information