Removing Pump from rear of 95 sl 750

Im trying to remove the pump off the back of my 95 sl 750. Heres what I did. I removed the steering trim nozzle already. I took off the 4 nuts on the outside of the hull that is what I thought held it in place (like my sea doo). Coould not get it out. Then I realized that inside the hull there were hoses I had to disconnect and possibly 4 more nuts to take off. Took off the hoses and was able to get one of the 4 nuts off. The other 3 studs are just spinning. Any suggestions? This thing is really holding me up.

Also, non related, the trum motor has two wires coming from it. Is there a way to bench test it to see if it works. I dont want to blow it up

the nuts inside the hull are not to be removed just the 4 on the pump side near the hull then the hoses and trim steering cables the trim can be checked with 12v swapping + for- to reverse Z

well if thats the case the sucker is stuck in there. I got it to wiggle around a bit but it just wont come out

Quote Originally Posted by ZMANN View Post
    the nuts inside the hull are not to be removed just the 4 on the pump side near the hull then the hoses and trim steering cables the trim can be checked with 12v swapping + for- to reverse Z
    I find most of the Polaris pumps to be seized together. I've always removed the 4 nuts inside the hull w/o any issues and pull the complete assembly out.

Now if the studs are spinning... yikes.

the studs are spinning because the pump is far enough away from the hull now that they aren't captured any more just wiggle pull grunt and groan!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by javiert99 View Post
    I find most of the Polaris pumps to be seized together. I've always removed the 4 nuts inside the hull w/o any issues and pull the complete assembly out.

Now if the studs are spinning... yikes.
    I had the same problem. Soak it with penitration oil over night. The take a piece of wood, an put it on one end of the pump an wack it with a hammer. It should come apart. If not use heat very carefully. The clean up the lip with a rotary tool. When you reasemblem, smear some lube on the lips of the housings befor putting them back together. I use this red kawasaki marine grease. Works great. The grease will allow for you to easily take the pump apart in the near future.

Yah, it's much easier to get them apart when they are off the hull too

im not positive on what you mean by getting them apart....im just trying to get the whole thing out of the hull...If your talking about the nozzle for the trim and steering I already got that off.....if not...then maybe thats my problem lol

She likes the bike. But the ski gets her wet!!!! xlint89's Avatar
    +1
    If you have the 4 nuts on the outside of the hull off, just pull like hell. If you run in salt water, there's alot of corrosion welding. By pulling apart, they mean there are sections, like Z posted in the pic. They seperate from one another.

Thread Information