Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thumbs up Ross Nemo Throttle Bodies

Just put on a set of Ross Nemo's Sonic Boom Throttle Bodies on an 05 unported 1300 and picked up .9-1.0 mph and a lot of thorttle response! Low and mid range is awsome. Definately worth the money!

+1
    Yep they work!

Quote Originally Posted by Bryan K View Post
    Just put on a set of Ross Nemo's Sonic Boom Throttle Bodies on an 05 unported 1300 and picked up .9-1.0 mph and a lot of thorttle response! Low and mid range is awsome. Definately worth the money!
    Uhhh, correction....who picked up .9mph on YOUR ski?? That's right!! And change your signature sluggo!
    Last edited by Fusion; 06-11-2007 at 03:35 PM.

Ross,

I saw in another thread about someone boring these out for even more air and making new blades. Have you tried this yet? I am wondering what he biggest size you can go on a stock cc motor.

When I installed my VF3's I noticed they are wayyyyy bigger than the manifold and throttle body openings. I think a bigger manifold and throttle bodies more matched to the aftermarket reeds like the VF3's would produce some good gains.
    Last edited by Chrisrokc; 06-11-2007 at 03:48 PM.

Good to hear more positive results Bryan. Now go pick on some of those rxps out there.

(I saw in another thread about someone boring these out for even more air and making new blades. Have you tried this yet? I am wondering what he biggest size you can go on a stock cc motor.)

Going bigger on a stock engine will probably slow it down. Keyword is VELOCITY. Not just diameter. I am not going to pursue this in the near future Chris... Maybe it will work on some of the 1500s being built now.. We will see..Ross

Quote Originally Posted by rossnemo View Post
    (I saw in another thread about someone boring these out for even more air and making new blades. Have you tried this yet? I am wondering what he biggest size you can go on a stock cc motor.)

Going bigger on a stock engine will probably slow it down. Keyword is VELOCITY. Not just diameter. I am not going to pursue this in the near future Chris... Maybe it will work on some of the 1500s being built now.. We will see..Ross
    Yea, I figured going too big on a stock motor might slow it down and take the bight out of the low end for only a few ponys on top. I noticed this in my dealings with the LSx Series of motors from General Motors (Corvette, F-body). On a stock motor you could port and go bigger if you had a matching manifold but not too much bigger. After you crossed a certain size it began to lose torque on the low end but added a few on top. Then it just lost power all the way through after getting so big. On the larger size motors the bigger setups produced HUGE numbers.

Maybe the next step is boring some throttle bodies for the 1500cc motors, the 1390cc motors, and then if it looks like there would be a gain do it for the 1300cc motors.

Quote Originally Posted by rossnemo View Post
    Good to hear more positive results Bryan. Now go pick on some of those rxps out there.
    I got to do that on Saturday Guy came flying up all cocky and ended up being pretty dissapointed in his rxp!

I have both..... RXP will S M O K E the yami sp on holeshot by 2+ with my son on it{yami}. Yami wins top by 1-2mph but our yami is special btw the yami only peaks 81+ WITH ME ON IT! mY SON ONLY Ran ABOUT 79-80 THIS WEEKEND. He's gettin better~ water just too rough to really get it settled this MB....

But Sleepless, comparing your rxp to most of them out there is like comparing a f16 fighter to a cessna 150..

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information