Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

Anybody else have a plug go bad???

Last time out when I started the ski it had a miss for a few minutes then it cleared up. Yesterday I stared it and it had the miss again but this time it did not go away. I did some checking and found out the back plug was dead. I have a friend in Houston whos ski did the same thing at 4 hours, mine has 10 on it now. He ended up having to change the front plug too at 11 hours. The plug has no visible signs that its bad but it makes me wonder if something else is going on since 1 and 4 are on the same coil. At $14 each I dont want to do this too many times. Brett

wouldn'this be under guarantee? im sure you would have at least one year covered? why pay for a miss plug at $14

Silence! I Keel You! earthshaker's Avatar
    +1
    It sometimes cost more. Your time has value too. ie:drag it to dealer, spend up to 20min yacking about it, 10 more to fill out paperwork, drive home, do it all over again when it's ready.

Interesting, wonder if that is what is going on with mine, missing, cleared up on one ride was a pos the next. I dropped it off at the dealer cause I didn't want to mess with it, ran so bad it would pull more than 4000 RPM. Having ski's before I was tempted to pull plugs, but I was so pissed it ruined my day before getting half a mile out I said screw it and went home. Then today I was sufring Skip's pages and noticed he warned not to remove a hot plug or risk breaking the plug and/or stripping out the head. I'm glad I didn't mess with it. I'm just at 5 hours when this started happening.

As far as the dealer working on this very high tech motor, I know both dealers near me have 16 year old kids doing all the mechanical work. These kids can't even be trusted to clean up their bedrooms much less be knowledgeable about an advanced power plant. I'd say you are better off doing it yourself.

+1

#1 & #4

i am running on 2 cylinders. my 1 and 4 have gone bad, boot is getting spark so i hope it is just the plug. but coil could be defective resulting in blown plug?? if i get this fixed then all i have to worry about is the ski completely shutting down while riding! then after i fix that i will get back on the pump and drive problems then..after fixing the steering column i will fix the hood and seat rattling from being loose.....i might just have a new ski that works!!!!!!!!!!!

+1
    The dealer does not have any plugs in stock and said Kawasaki has them on back order for at least 3 weeks. He said one person he talked to at Kawasaki had never heard of any problems but another person he talked to when he was trying to find the plugs said they had alot of calls trying to find them.

Just spoke with the dealer, I do have a fouled out plug, he didn't know which one at time of phone call. he also had no idea what the root cause was, and plug(s) were on order. I mentioned some others had problems with cylinders 1&4 and I was jokingly told to stop reading blogs.

Don't know about you but I find it useful to know this info. I know in the old days 2 strokes needed plugs often, but I don't think a four stroke fouls out plugs at 5 hours without some other root cause.

I'll update as this goes goes forward. I certainly hope there is not a 3 week backorder on plugs.

+1
    I put mine in a few minutes ago and its good as new. I got them online cheaper than the dealer anyway. We'll see how long these last.

Quote Originally Posted by Importracer View Post
    I put mine in a few minutes ago and its good as new. I got them online cheaper than the dealer anyway. We'll see how long these last.

Where did you find them online and how much were they?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information