Thread: Which Mods?

Anonymous

Which Mods?

Whats up. I'll be a new owner of a 05' RXP later this week. Cant wait. I'm looking to get the Riva Racing Jettrim seat cover and maybe the sponsons they offer. Are these sponsons better than the other companys? Anything else I should be looking at not too ridiculous yet? I think i'll be ok to start off with just the seat cover and the sponsons for now.

RY welcome to the wonderfull world of the RXP. If you go with the OPAS block offs you will need a good grate and sponsons. Then the next must have is the stock impeller repitched or go with the Solas Repitch.

1. There are three grates for the RXP. Riva being the best all around Worx is in the middle and for the big chop water riders there is the R&D.

2. Sponsons you have the Riva which I use on my RXP in cc racing. They are made very good and solid. The R&D which are also a good set and the Worx.

3. The impellers. The repitched stock impeller fomr what I have been reading is good, very good. It will give you about amile faster on top end that the repitched Soals but, The Solas will blow it away on acceleration. I ran the repitched soals befor I added any other mods and this thing had some wicked acceleration and I woud see 70 top end.

+1
    The first thing you will want is a bow spray deflector
    Second will be OPAS blockoff plates
    Third a Riva grate
    Fourth Riva Sponsons
    Fifth a PPG repitched Solas impeller

Then worry about your seat cover

For me, if i where to start over:

first OPAS and sponsons
    second riva grate
    third impeller

but I ride standing most of the time and dont mind the wet ride, I have to admit the occasional eye flush has gotten anoying...

+1
    Bow spray deflector is definately first. The rest depends on what conditions you ride in and what you want out of the ski. If you want better handling, do the OPAS block-off, grate and sponsons. If you want performance, do the prop repitch and air intake mod. Of course you can do all of this and plenty more. It just takes some $$$.

+1
    I think Hulk's list is dead on even though I don't have a bow spray. I really want one but every time I get a few bucks to dump into the ski I end up buying power stuff.

I guess I need to try a BSD, I ride in real rough conditions but I'm used to riding stand-ups and being wet all the time. they are only $40 anyway

+1
    how much is bow spray deflector? A few times out on Lake Anna its been gettin pretty rough and its annoying gettin sprayed in the face when your tryin 2 watch out for people who dont pay attention to what they are doin. oh yea since im on a very very tight budget(left over cash from last summer, christmas, and bday i had bout $160 and till i find a summer job) i ordered the riva intake grate and it shoul dbe here sometime this week and i think this weekend will be a good time to test it out(it does help keep you stable on rough water right?) since there its goin be really rough.

Thread Information