tuning help with 93 xp

...ok, so i took my 93 xp out yesterday and it ran great and everything worked....if i turned it off and let it sit for under a min then i could start it right up and it will idle for a second then i have to give it a little fether of the throttle to get it to have a steady idle...but at the end when i put it at the dock the get the car and it sat for 5 or 7 min it was kinda hard to start back up and i had to give it some gas and fether the throttle and it still took a while.......my friend has a spx or something like that and it is pretty much the same engine settup and itle start right up and idle no questions asked....?? if anyone could help me it would be greatly appreaciated

carbs

that has dual carbs right? sounds like the carbs are out of adjustment .i just put a new motor in my xp had to redo the carbs (kits 35 DOLARS) because it was doing the same thing .

carbs

also make sure the rod that connects the two carbs together is set right front butterfly of the carb should barley be open and adjust the rod to have the rear carb butterfly at the same position .youll have to use a mirror to see them or pull them out like i had to .

carbs

if you need anything let me know i have a 93 im stripping down .not everything on it but it has some good parts left . good luck

...yea...how do you take the carbs off....lol and i thought getting them off my polaris was hard....

Thread Information