Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Oh, and an RXP, too. Ballin Ultras's Avatar

Ultra 150 Roll Call!

Hey guys,

Just seeing how many Ultra 150 owners there are here. Just got back from Mud Bug (great time), but couldn't believe that we saw ZERO 150s at this event.

If you've got one, post up pics, your mods, your top speeds, future plans, etc.

There was one there I heard of. He had a oil line come off #3 and seized it. I was planning on going but work and a fractured rib got in the way Here is what I got on mine.

2004 ultra
    r&d grate
    shreadmaster
    r&d extended nozel
    trim mod
    beach house sponsons
    tripple pissers
    solas 16/20
    skiworx heads 42cc
    skiworx carb mod
    air intake mods
    d3 pipe
    tdr waterbox
    tiny tach
    ipod with speakers in the mirrors
    67.5 in less than ideal conditions

i have 2, both are 01s, one is currently in pieces and the other just had the rebuilt sbt motor installed, solas prop, intake grate, shredmaster, beach house sponsons, 46 novi carbs / intake, v-force reeds ... shes currently in the process of being painted ... almost killed myself on her awhile back, hit a wave at full speed, knocked me out ... as for top speed it was like 66mph i believe, needs the carbs tunned, rpms way down

*raises hand* I was the lone unlucky representative for the 150's at MB3.

My little unit has pulled 67.2 with a 10 gallons of gas, humid weather and 87ish temps. I never had the gps on when it was low at the bug, but all I could muster in that weather was a 65.8. I think I could have made a good run at 70 with no fuel and morning air (and a superman.lol) . I was wondering if the 150 now counts as a vintage 2 stroke ski. I coulda shoulda woulda had that title this year. lmao

Oh, and an RXP, too. Ballin Ultras's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BrandonB View Post
    *raises hand* I was the lone unlucky representative for the 150's at MB3.

My little unit has pulled 67.2 with a 10 gallons of gas, humid weather and 87ish temps. I never had the gps on when it was low at the bug, but all I could muster in that weather was a 65.8. I think I could have made a good run at 70 with no fuel and morning air (and a superman.lol) . I was wondering if the 150 now counts as a vintage 2 stroke ski. I coulda shoulda woulda had that title this year. lmao
    Wow....cool! You were there? Damn....I was *purposely* looking for other 150s, but didn't see any.

Maybe we'll catch up to you next year. Expect to see a 70mph plus Ultra 150 there.

[quote=BrandonB;308639]*raises hand* I was the lone unlucky representative for the 150's at MB3.

My little unit has pulled 67.2 with a 10 gallons of gas, humid weather and

Hate to hear about your luck I know you had been doing lots of work to get ready for mb. I had been following your posts here and at sw. I ride up here with harry (ultra250tn) our pond is rough this time of year. Best run I have been able to muster has been 67.7 with lots of 67.5 the heat and humidity has been killing it. Good luck with the rebuild hope your back running soon. Mabe I will be able to make it next year

*shrug* Now that it has happened, I had been seeing a little oil in the hull, but I couldn't find any cracks in the lines so it got attributed to a leaky tank top. Oops. It's going to be a lengthy rebuild as money is tight this time of year, and I'd already went through my "ultra improvement fund". lol

Harry saved me alot of trying to find someone to ride with when he popped up at the ramp. I didn't get a chance to ride the 250 I was looking forward to riding one of the cruise ships. lol

Ballin', I plan on making it to 70 this next year as well.

I got a couple of used pistons 42 hrs on them if that would help you out. Do you have case damage or just the cylinder or is it worse? When mine went I lost the cyl and cases (busted piston) clogged pisser caused it. Let me know if you want one of those pistons. They are stock btw I used wsm for the rebuild.
    Last edited by btldigger; 06-12-2007 at 04:41 PM. Reason: forgot something

Thanks for the offer, I'll keep that in mind when I do get around to tearing it down. I'm hard to get started working on these things, then I won't sleep for a couple days unless I finish it. lol

All I've done right now is pulled 2 of the heads. #3 cyl is toast. #2 has no visible damage but has a grey film in there that looks like fine metal shavings to me. I hope to have time to really get into it this weekend.
    Last edited by BrandonB; 06-12-2007 at 06:12 PM.

Lol sounds like me just let me know they are collecting dust. Mabe somebody will chime in with a cylinder for cheap. I actually have 4 1 is toast the other 3 are 85mm big bore.

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information