Exclamation EFI Controller Quality?

First of all this is my first post on the board. Have read just about eveything here and would like to thank you all for all the helpful information.

http://new.photos.yahoo.com/dduck162...804422637871/0

I read several post on the setting the EFI controller. To say the least I was at my wits end on trying to get this thing to work right. Pulled the connectors and found water. Upon closer inspection I have discovered a couple of issues with the connectors on the EFI controller itself. (See the picture). I plan on cleaning these connectors (they're not too far gone), but sealing them isn't going to be as easy as I would like since the connector assemble is incorrect. Looks like I'll just use some RTV and dielectric grease. You all may want to check your connectors before this happens to you. I hope this post prevents an engine failure.

Chine Walker
    Could you seal the connector area from stock unit to EFI with a zip-loc baggie, then zip tie the ends?
    From what you see, would it be possible to cut off the Riva connector and splice in an OEM connector. The wire splices can be sealed well with marine grade shrink tubing.

j.p.
    Last edited by jpa1300; 06-11-2007 at 10:01 PM.

This is what I did.

Use some electrical grease. Then take a large heavy duty zip lock and cut two holes in it. Have the connections inside the zip lock and use zip ties to keep the zip lock in place.

I think I would have spent a little more money and got a new one. Riva has fixed this problem.
    The best fix for the older units is to solder and heat shrink a OEM connector on there.
    I would stay away from dielectric grease, most people just put way to much on and on 100 degree day it all ends up at the bottom of your ski. Fluid Film works good for corrosion. http://www.eurekafluidfilm.com/

very nice pictures. very good detail, welcome to the board

Chine Walker
    yardsale:
    Are the new Riva units built to better standards than the one shown by dduck? I'm debating wether to go with Riva or R&D; it's just that the R&D is 35% more and does basically the same thing.

j.p.

Yes, the new Riva one I just got is all black and sealed up on the back. There is no place for water to enter.

Quote Originally Posted by yardsale View Post
    Yes, the new Riva one I just got is all black and sealed up on the back. There is no place for water to enter.
    Not that I think YARDSALE is lying but can anyone else confirm this about the Riva controllers? I have wanted to do a few more things to the ski but have been holding off due to the horror stories of some of these controllers. This would help me in catching the wife.

Thread Information