Thread: Water in hull?

Water in hull?

Hey guys,
    So I got my first 10 hours on the ski the past 2 weeks, runs great, hits 70 with the onboard speedo no problem, I'm lovin it.

I am very anal with my stuff and always check everything. While I have been riding it the last 10 hours there has not been a drop of water in the hull. However, this weekend I took it up north to my familes lake house. I had a buncha buddies with me. Long story short I let everyone ride it, a lot. They ended up doing all kinds of stupid stuff, doing dognhuts, getting the ski real low in the water while going in circles. One idiot even put it in reverse doing ~20 and nose dived the ski a bit. I shoudln't have let them be so stupid, my mistake .

Anyway, when I went to pull it out of the water (it was in the water for four days, I have never left it in the water before) it had filled up to about the motor mounts with water. I opened the drain plugs and it shot what seemed like a TON of water out. I attribited this to my friends stupid riding. They would do circles for ten min and not pull any long straight runs, so I guess the bailers never got to working?

Should I be worried about this? Or is this just a result of people abusing my ski a bit? I also assume this amount of water does not harm the boat.

-Ryan

That sounds like a lot of water for just some Jonny grab ass on the ski. I would check the bailer tubes maybe one of them have come off. You could even fill ure ski up and see if any water starts coming out.

+1
    sounds about right. That duck dive your friends did will fill your boat up to the top been there done that

I had the same problem...thought it was from riding rough/stupid, WRONG! the factory bailing system was working in just the opposite it was supposed to, actually siphoning water into my boat and not out of it. I just took the tubes from the drain plug areas out and then capped the tubes that come from the pump area. no water problems now!!! hope this helps!!!

Quote Originally Posted by adrenalin View Post
    I had the same problem...thought it was from riding rough/stupid, WRONG! the factory bailing system was working in just the opposite it was supposed to, actually siphoning water into my boat and not out of it. I just took the tubes from the drain plug areas out and then capped the tubes that come from the pump area. no water problems now!!! hope this helps!!!
    You now have no bailing system at all? I did the same but have a bilge pump installed

Quote Originally Posted by adrenalin View Post
    I don't think this was my problem. Since I rode it myself for the first 10 hours without a drop of water in the hull. The water only appeared after letting my retarded friends ride it.

I could see how that much water would get in the hull from some hard riding. One thing you might check is your exhaust. Make sure its not a little loose.

It could be a small trickle leak from somewhere that you did not notice when you rode it for the first 10 hours because you took it out of the water after every ride, but when leaving it in the water for 4 days, that small leak will become very noticable.

Quote Originally Posted by seadoo951 View Post
    You should also check your carbon ring because if you had it sitting in the water for 4 days, a small leak can turn into a BIG one.
    Maybe i just dont understand what ure saying but i dont think that the ski sitting in the water for 4 days can do damage to a carbon seal. my friend used to hold his ski in his marina for weeks at a time for over 3 years now and hes not had a single problem with his carbon seal.

Check to make sure your opas tube above the pump didn't come off, also look way back inside the hull. you'll see a round black piece with a (opas)tube on each side, make sure they didn't come off.

I removed my opas system and blocked the tube above the pump housing, but when i look inside i am still getting some water from the nipples i took the tubes off

Thread Information