Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Legend in my own mind Sirhc7897's Avatar

Anybody Run a Riva Stage I with the Stock Prop?

So I'm wondering if this can be done affectively?

I'm long term (read mid summer) planning on the Stage II kit but would like to go ahead and get some of the stuff taken care of. It would be ideal to do the Stage I parts, sans prop, and then add the stage II stuff (along with the stage II prop)...

Anybody done this and what were the results? I could actually live with lesser stage I performance in the short term and then get the full stage II later just to not have to spend extra on a prop I would only use briefly?

Would I be hitting the soft rev limiter without the slightly steeper prop? I could live with a little spin out of the hole...

Thanks guys...

EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    +1
    just get a 14/19 SOLAS and u'll be able to use that prop in all the stage kits.... just get it repitched... no need to adhere strictly to Riva's prop recommendations

So the 14/19 can be taken to 15/20 specs? Can it be taken to "true" 15/20 specs or is the root angle different?

EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    +1
    being that you are in Florida in the warmer temps, i'd be hard-pressed to say you'll spin 8100 with the Riva stage 2 with a 15/20 .... some people can, some can't... more often than not, they need to have the 15/20 repitched or go back to the 14/19...

it's a hit or miss game, but yes, you can have the 14/19 repitched to 14/19.5, 15/20, etc... u can't drastically change the prop specs, but they can be bent within a small spec interval

Impros does it, PPG does it, jerry does it, Race tech does it...

+1
    Chris, im still running a 14/19 with my setup

+1
    With the Riva stage 2, I would recommend running the entire Riva kit, including the 15/20 prop. The Riva Stage 2 kit seems to work best in combination with all its parts.

Re: Anybody Run a Riva Stage I with the Stock Prop?

Quote Originally Posted by Sirhc7897
    So I'm wondering if this can be done affectively?

I'm long term (read mid summer) planning on the Stage II kit but would like to go ahead and get some of the stuff taken care of. It would be ideal to do the Stage I parts, sans prop, and then add the stage II stuff (along with the stage II prop)...

Anybody done this and what were the results? I could actually live with lesser stage I performance in the short term and then get the full stage II later just to not have to spend extra on a prop I would only use briefly?

Would I be hitting the soft rev limiter without the slightly steeper prop? I could live with a little spin out of the hole...

Thanks guys...
    i run stage one riva with stock prop 71.8mph gps rpms 8050 to 8150
    replaced stock prop with riva stage one solas winterization time will see in the summer results im sure i will get just a little bit more speed and drop in rpms

+1
    I second what Franco said. The Riva Stage 2 works best if you use all the parts that make up the kit. Mix and match doesn't work. If you have a different ECU, the 15/20 might not work as well as it does with the stock one. $ for $ you would be hard pressed to get the performance offered by the Riva Stage 2.

Richard

OK see that's what I'm looking for...I took it out today for the first time and it was steady 8100-8150 for the 1/2 hour I had it out...Obviously the r's are going to drop as the temps warm up (but I might have a trick or two up my sleeve for that... ) but I was just wondering if I could go the stock prop and stage I route in the short term...

Knowing that makes my mod route a little simpler to map out. As soon as I get the pump mods done and the UMI put on I can step into the stage I without the prop and then add from there...ultimately ending up at the full stage II (with prop) or even perhaps by then the "undisclosed" stage III will be out...

Jerry,

I know you're running the 14/19 (believe me I've been pouring over this site and the mod details since I brought this thing home Sunday... ) but I also know you're cranking the r's up as well...I kind of like the idea of the additional load with the lower R's that Riva is taking. I might be more concerned if I was riding in a colder climate (since I'm relying on the ECU to compensate without the reprogramming available in the Rotax unit and the added fuel) but down here (where it was a balmy 65 in mid January) I'm not too worried about the extra load created...

I've been going back and forth on the Rotax route vs the Riva route and I think I've settled on the Riva route for now. I may change my mind later but that's always just as simple as a new ECU and prop (and perhaps some cam/head work should I get too carried away... )

Seems like a nice safe route to follow while I watch to see how the Les stuff pans out...

BTW - the maiden voyage is out of the way...A few stumbling blocks but all in all I think it went pretty well... (She's no triple piped SLX yet but that'll come soon enough... )

+1
    Sirhc, what was your initial thought about the ski. I know you were debating between it and the GPR.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information