Thread: New to Seadoo

+1

New to Seadoo

Just purchased a new 05' RXT for myself & a 06' Wake for the wife & kids.
    This is my 1st experience with Seadoo especially 4 strokes. I chose the RXT mainly for comfort & rough water handling....yes & it's supercharged power. I'm anxious to break it end & experience the power of this machine. Will be picking up this Sunday with new Zieman 4 craft trailer. Decided to hold on to my ol' reliabile Kawi's...what the heck there payed for & the kids luv riding them. I'm sure the wife will enjoy the Wake. She's not a speed demon, but I think N/A 4 tecs run about 57 (correct me if I'm wrong).
    Anyways, wanted to introduce myself & look forward to hitting the water soon & using the forum for helpful tips.

Regards,

EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    +1
    welcome to the board! nice fleet of skis you got there!

yup, u'll see 57-58 out of the NA wake... nice lookin machine

If your wife is anything like mine she is going to say "I wish I had one like yours" after riding the rxt. We got an rxp and gtxsc. When we are riding together and she is at full throttle I like to let off so I drop behind her and then punch it and go flying by. After that and her ride on mine she said she wishes she had the rxt. When we bought them I told her "for 1K more we can get you the fast one"

ok so that story went nowhere fast. Oh well. You will enjoy the skis. I also have a zieman trailer. I like it except for the height of the skis. I have to sink the rear wheels of the tow vehicle just to get the skis to float.

Hope I am not to late on this but speaking form some experiance on this. I have an 03 Limited. Be sure when you break it in you don't use the training key. Some dealers are say now that you must break in with that key. If you do you won't get the full break in in all your rpm ranges and you will have hesitations. Of course don't go wide open but you can take it ther for about two seconds then drop it down plus very your speeds constantly during the break in period. Hope this helps plus makes sense.

+1
    Thanks

remove the OPAS, remove the OPAS
    oh and also I forgot to say

remove the OPAS

OPAS is cool for awhile. Whatis fun is geting use to your ski with them on. Then at a later date put the opas block off on. Plus after the break in period is over order some nipon denso plugs from PPG. You will get better gas mileage and performance for sure. I swear by these plugs. With the S/C and playing hard as I do you need all the mileage you can get. Our club takes long runs and the plugs gives me the extra mileage plus getting to play more while doing it. Enjoy. Keep it in wind.

If you think you might want the OPAS do one test go about 60 then left off the gas real quick. After you get your teeth out of the front of the ski, start to consider the block offs.

Thread Information