Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    +1

Which One Amsoil Interceptor or Dominator

Guys finally decided to switch over to Amsoil from yamalube but have no idea which is best for my skis.(Interceptor or Dominator)

Guys don t confuse me with the difference just make is simple LOL....

Both skis are modified one is a Lowell 1390 and the other will be a ported 1300 by Lowell with 150psi comp and VF3 and the rest both single pipe.

With the 1300 I still have the oil injection on should I switch to pre-mix at 40:1 or leave the oil injection which runs at 32:1.

My main concern is there enough protection (crank) with Amsoil when ski is not used for a period of time.

Mike

+1
    Mike if you use the stock oil injection system Dominator will
    not work.

+1
    My opinion would be Dominator premix all the way.

Mtrager is right though, Interceptor is used if you keep the oil injection.

+1
    You can run the AMSOIL Dominator Racing oil as a pre-mix. If you want the best use the Dominator Oil.
    http://www.amsoil.com/storefront/tdr.aspx?zo=367509

DOMINATOR™ Synthetic 2-Cycle Racing Oil (TDR)
    This racing two-cycle oil has a performance emphasis toward high horsepower and modified racing or trail motors. Examples include snowmobiles, motorcycles, ATVs, personal watercraft, go-carts and outboard motors*. Contains higher viscosity oils for best overall protection. Contains additives for higher operating temperatures. Injector use or 50:1 premix. JASO FC, API TC

+1
    Good decision going to Amsoil

I personally run Interceptor premix. 120+ hours. My gasvalves are superclean.

I use it in all my ECHO lawn equipment too.

Dominator

+1
    I was thinking Dominator but i also came across this of the AMSOIL web site on the Dominator product.

Not suitable for long-term use in outboard motors as a TC-W3 type oil, although excellent as a race oil for short-term use where motors are periodically inspected

This is why i posted just want the right chioce and best proctection oil when ski is not getting used.I know yamalube offer great rust protection not sure about Amsoil.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Mik72e View Post
    I was thinking Dominator but i also came across this of the AMSOIL web site on the Dominator product.

Not suitable for long-term use in outboard motors as a TC-W3 type oil, although excellent as a race oil for short-term use where motors are periodically inspected

This is why i posted just want the right chioce and best proctection oil when ski is not getting used.I know yamalube offer great rust protection not sure about Amsoil.
    Here is the information on the Dominator oil.
    Why does AMSOIL DOMINATOR™ Synthetic 2-Cycle Racing Oil (TDR) Say* Not suitable for long-term use in outboard motors as a TC-W3 type oil, although excellent as a race oil for short-term use where motors are periodically inspected?
    In order to obtain the highest level of protection, the AMSOIL Dominator Racing oil contains what is referred to as ash-type chemistry. Though this type of chemistry provides the additional safety margin required in racing it also tends to allow for additional deposit formation within the combustion chamber. The rate of formation is slow but over the course of many seasons of operation, it could present a problem in certain PWC applications. In competition, engines are inspected or rebuilt frequently. That being the case, ash-type chemistry and hence deposit formation is never really a concern. In an application in which the equipment may run for years without inspection or cleaning, the possibility of a concern does exist. Hence, the reason for our warning statement you noted. If you engine has not been modified from its original configuration the AMSOIL HP Injector oil is all you will need. If you have performed some serious engine modifications, the AMSOIL Dominator would be the preferred product. You would just have to remember to inspect it for combustion chamber deposits every few years.

Hello Mike, here is group Ks reccomendations from their webpage... Ross

About Oil Injection - Because of the increased temperatures and RPMs, the 1390 does need a bit more oil than the standard 1200. For recreation use 1390s, the stock oil injection can be adjusted higher to feed the additional oil needed. However 1390s that will be run primarily at high rpms, an additional premix of 2 ounces per gallon would be required to offer proper lubrication protection. For owners who wish to remove the oil injection all together, we recommend a 32:1 oil premix.

oil

what do you all think about pennszoil full syn marine 2 stroke oil? I was thinking about it as a cost saving compared to amsoil which you cant buy in any store.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information