Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Raced my 250X

+1

Raced my 250X

Sold my gas guzzling kawi 250X to a friend last Friday. Sunday I was out and so was he. I was not intending to race, as my RXP is a Stage 2 and had no intention to blowing away a guy who just paid me 15 grand. But he kept pushing so we raced. Running side by side into the wind with a slight chop at around 40, he said lets go. I jumped him 4 lengths and walked away from him hard. Earlier that day I Gps at 74.3. Last week I gps that exact ski (250X) at 65.1. Needless to say the RXP is alot more exciting than the 250.
    Last edited by Antiguan FZR; 06-13-2007 at 02:02 PM.

+1
    So, you dumped the 250, then turned around and spanked it.
    Dang, that's just mean man!

Fat Man, Little Boat Region8Ultra250X's Avatar
    +1
    so it still took a modded boat to beat a stock boat.... wow didn't think that would happen. and note how he said RXP, not RXT, therefore RXP>250X>RXT

Talking

I ran my girlfriends 05 stock RXT today against two of those Kawasaki 250's. We were about even out of the hole (the 250's had about a 5ft lead on me) after about 8 more seconds I was up to them and then I started to pull away from them. We did this for 3 runs - I beat them every time. They told me that they were told by their dealer that their ski's would be the fastest on the water. LOL!! Wait until I get my Stage III RXP out there. We also ran some turning laps and I dusted them, maybe they were a little inexperienced.
    Oh yeah my girlfriends RXT is 100% stock!!

Quote Originally Posted by Region8Ultra250X View Post
    so it still took a modded boat to beat a stock boat.... wow didn't think that would happen. and note how he said RXP, not RXT, therefore RXP>250X>RXT
    Most of the time I just sit back and laugh at these testosterone battles. i have an RXP and like it. I must add that the biggest constant we all hear is "if there is chop the Ultra beats the RXT". This seems to be true. BUT when they drag race cars, they run them on flat tracks. They dont design tracks to fit each car, understand my analogy? The RXT is a faster boat, period. The Ultra handles better period. It depends on which angle you go from but if we are just talking faster, why wouldn't it be on flat water?

Now to the comment of it took a modded boat to yaddi yaddi yaddi................it also took a 250 HP craft to beat a 215 so apples to apples there really isnt a debate.

I just had to get that in!

Fat Man, Little Boat Region8Ultra250X's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by catchme View Post
    Most of the time I just sit back and laugh at these testosterone battles. i have an RXP and like it. I must add that the biggest constant we all hear is "if there is chop the Ultra beats the RXT". This seems to be true. BUT when they drag race cars, they run them on flat tracks. They dont design tracks to fit each car, understand my analogy? The RXT is a faster boat, period. The Ultra handles better period. It depends on which angle you go from but if we are just talking faster, why wouldn't it be on flat water?

Now to the comment of it took a modded boat to yaddi yaddi yaddi................it also took a 250 HP craft to beat a 215 so apples to apples there really isnt a debate.

I just had to get that in!
    not all drag strips are created equal, what works at one track my not work at the next. 250 vs. 215.... when you factor in the wight difference of 97 lbs. the horsepower makes up for the difference in weight eirgo a better comparison

+1
    I owned the 250, RXP and RXT up to last week. And decided based on my experience over the last 2 months to sell one. I have no regrets.
    We raced the RXT and Ultra a few times. As mentioned before the Ultra did not leave the RXT one boat length in the calm. The rough stuff was another story. I have no doubt my stock RXP would beat the 250 but running the Stage 2 left the 250 driver with a facial expression like
    "What the #uck just happenened?"
    Last edited by Antiguan FZR; 06-12-2007 at 01:27 PM.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by inteljd View Post
    I ran my girlfriends 05 stock RXT today against two of those Kawasaki 250's. We were about even out of the hole (the 250's had about a 5ft lead on me) after about 8 more seconds I was up to them and then I started to pull away from them. We did this for 3 runs - I beat them every time. They told me that they were told by their dealer that their ski's would be the fastest on the water. LOL!! Wait until I get my Stage III RXP out there. We also ran some turning laps and I dusted them, maybe they were a little inexperienced.
    Oh yeah my girlfriends RXT is 100% stock!!
    Oh geez, don't tell this to the Ultra Boyz they will not like it.
    And before they post the 97 lb. thing again...

DRY WEIGHT 2005-06 RXT = 869
    DRY WEIGHT 2007 ULTRA =903.8

DIFFERENCE = 34.8 LBS

Quote Originally Posted by Region8Ultra250X View Post
    not all drag strips are created equal, what works at one track my not work at the next. 250 vs. 215.... when you factor in the wight difference of 97 lbs. the horsepower makes up for the difference in weight eirgo a better comparison
    i really dont have a probelm with Kawi's. I like them, I just like my RXP more but wouldnt have a probelm buying a Kawi. I cracks me up how some people act like they work for the manufacturers. I have ran a couple Ultra and it was no contest. Who cares?? I reallty think the whole nut in a shell is after all the hype, it really isnt what everyone, including Kawasaki, thought and wanted it to be.....
    it's a nice craft, if you want to go fishing with the kids.......

Quote Originally Posted by catchme View Post
    it's a nice craft, if you want to go fishing with the kids.......

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information