Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: HELP

HELP

Ok I just bought a 05 RXP. It was a untitled boat that was a demo boat, so it has the full year warenty. The problem I'm having is it has about 3/4 power out of the hole and only revs to 6600 rpm's. Out of the hole it shoots to 6450 and then slowly climbs to 6600. It will only do 55mph. Is there a way that the dealer can limit the power since it was a demo, so no one kills them selfs on it?? It runs great idles at 1800 starts right up, but feels like it just is goverend to 3/4 power.

thanks
    Shawn

+1
    sounds like a ceramic supercharger washer failure

s/c clutch my friend

Banned User
    Quote Originally Posted by texoma View Post
    Ok I just bought a 05 RXP. It was a untitled boat that was a demo boat, so it has the full year warenty. The problem I'm having is it has about 3/4 power out of the hole and only revs to 6600 rpm's. Out of the hole it shoots to 6450 and then slowly climbs to 6600. It will only do 55mph. Is there a way that the dealer can limit the power since it was a demo, so no one kills them selfs on it?? It runs great idles at 1800 starts right up, but feels like it just is goverend to 3/4 power.

thanks
    Shawn
    That sounds like the magic # of RPM's for a SC clutch washer failure.
    Take it to your local stealership for warantee work.
    Could also be excessive tolarance between your impeller and your wear ring but that's me being optamistic-sp

OK I took off the intake hose to the S/C and the S/C spinns freely. it doesnt seam to bind or sound bad. If it is the bearings wouldn't ot not spin?? Just wondering??

thanks

search "clutch washer failure".......those ceramics, if ridden for more than 30 min just did around 2 grand(or so ) worth of damage to your engine. make sure they fix it right.....has it always been running at those rpms since you bought it? tell them you want a brand new ski!

if it is spinning that freely u better tell them u want the motor torn down and the oil screens replaced

+1
    No ... refuse the boat totally. Better safe than sorry and the ceramics are all thru that engine by now. Your water test revealed a serious engine problem ... turn it back in now.

Well I'm stuck with the boat. So after seadoo replaces the S/C bearings will they check the oil screans?? Where are they located?? Will the metal washers help this form happening again?? Where is the oil filter on the boat??

thanks
    Shawn

Quote Originally Posted by texoma View Post
    Well I'm stuck with the boat. So after seadoo replaces the S/C bearings will they check the oil screans?? Where are they located?? Will the metal washers help this form happening again?? Where is the oil filter on the boat??

thanks
    Shawn
    Were talking about the Sc clutch washers not the bearings. I would try my hardest to give that boat back if i were you. That Jet ski could of been ridden with the washers gone for awhile now for all you know. To be properly cleaned the engine needs to be removed.

Read this: http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=19887

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information