Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    +1

Why won't Riva recommend installing thru-hull with OPAS?

I'm modding a customer's ski today.... give him a call and explain gotta remove OPAS for the pipe to fit.. he wasn't keen on the idea, i was like well we can do a powerpipe or something... then i was like ya knwo what, lemme see what i can work out...

i call Riva... impossible. if it was possible, they would have done it that way... ia sked u ever done it or tried it or have another template before i blast a 3" hole thru this guy's ski in a different location? nope, can't be done, they do not recommend it, etc etc... that only fueled the fire in my mind...

10 minutes after the phone call that it coudn't be done, and i was told if i could pull it off more power to me for accomplishing it and i gotta let them know...well it was done, it it was a joke how easy it was...

i know there's a few sticklers out there for keeping OPAS for when kids and inexperienced riders are around, but it's more than possible. I'm sure someone else has probably done it also but i couldn' remember if someone posted about it and came up empty on a board search.

so a Riva Thru-hull Exhaust was installed on a 05 RXP while keeping the OPAS system intact... if u need a template or measurements let me know... i'll mark it up on paper before i give this ski back to the customer

+1
    Steve, that is awesome

You should make a template and scan it and post it here for future reference.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Shibby1485 View Post
    I'm modding a customer's ski today.... give him a call and explain gotta remove OPAS for the pipe to fit.. he wasn't keen on the idea, i was like well we can do a powerpipe or something... then i was like ya knwo what, lemme see what i can work out...

i call Riva... impossible. if it was possible, they would have done it that way... ia sked u ever done it or tried it or have another template before i blast a 3" hole thru this guy's ski in a different location? nope, can't be done, they do not recommend it, etc etc... that only fueled the fire in my mind...

10 minutes after the phone call that it coudn't be done, and i was told if i could pull it off more power to me for accomplishing it and i gotta let them know...well it was done, it it was a joke how easy it was...

i know there's a few sticklers out there for keeping OPAS for when kids and inexperienced riders are around, but it's more than possible. I'm sure someone else has probably done it also but i couldn' remember if someone posted about it and came up empty on a board search.

so a Riva Thru-hull Exhaust was installed on a 05 RXP while keeping the OPAS system intact... if u need a template or measurements let me know... i'll mark it up on paper before i give this ski back to the customer
    that is tops that baby must be very close to the opas ?

V-Tec, 4-Tech that's how I roll meirvin's Avatar
    +1
    hey Im intrested in this for an RXT, got any pics Shibbs

i thought u could leave the opas on with the rr through hull also
    Last edited by yellow jacket; 06-12-2007 at 09:01 PM.

+1
    send it to me the guys I rode with wont the thru hull but they dont wont to get rid of the OPAS ( they are old and need help steering )

+1
    i'm thinking the RXT will be different... but i dont know for sure

Riva's exhaust uses the same part # for both the RXP and RXT... but different templates.. and obviously the backs of the skis are different

i'll take a look inside an RXT tomorrow and kinda make-shift mock it up and see what i can come up with... problem on an RXT is that u'll probably need to remove OPAS so u can reach the clamp to tighten the coupler onto the thru-hull tip, then re-assemble the OPAS system.... on the RXP you can reach it with an arms length no problem

+1
    yep the OPAS has to come off to get to the bolts and clamp

+1
    oh yea... scott... you want that RXT intake grate?

if so.. PM me your addy if you need me to send you one if you haven't got one already

have u taken it apart? was it like i thought... the middle bolt still in the rideplate and the two outters pulled the brass inserts out?

My buddy did it, it's no problem. Just raise the hole slightly. Works great...I don't know why they insist it must be removed.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information