Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Raise Hell Eat Cornbread

Cool RXP intake grate

I am wanting to upgrade my intake grate and get opas block offs. What are the benifits of those upgrades.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by MyTSiTalon View Post
    I am wanting to upgrade my intake grate and get opas block offs. What are the benifits of those upgrades.

welcome to the fourm u will find alot of info here just do a search.

Hi There,
    I just tested my prototype X-BOs (look up New X-BOs) and can say that the OPAS Block Offs (X-BO, RIVA, RE) all make your ski more predictable and stop it from porpoising.
    The RIVA ones are the shortest and I haven't tested them and can't tell you if they are as effective as the X-BOs or REs.
    I fitted the prototype X-BOs and tested them in the open ocean and on the lake and will not ride without them anymore. The ski is much more predictable and stopped porpoising completely.
    As for the intake grate, I just fitted the RIVA one and in the open ocean it seams to hook up better than the stock one. On the lake I didn't notice too much of a difference but it might be better for hookup than the stock grate if the lake is getting rough.
    In any case it won't make you any faster, if this is what you are looking for.
    Cheers,
    X

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrogen View Post
    Hi There,
    I just tested my prototype X-BOs (look up New X-BOs) and can say that the OPAS Block Offs (X-BO, RIVA, RE) all make your ski more predictable and stop it from porpoising.
    The RIVA ones are the shortest and I haven't tested them and can't tell you if they are as effective as the X-BOs or REs.
    I fitted the prototype X-BOs and tested them in the open ocean and on the lake and will not ride without them anymore. The ski is much more predictable and stopped porpoising completely.
    As for the intake grate, I just fitted the RIVA one and in the open ocean it seams to hook up better than the stock one. On the lake I didn't notice too much of a difference but it might be better for hookup than the stock grate if the lake is getting rough.
    In any case it won't make you any faster, if this is what you are looking for.
    Cheers,
    X

Have you make any price on your Blockoffs yet?

Benefits of an aftermarket intake grate are better hookup in rough conditions. You have a lot of choices here, but most forum members have found the Riva one to be the best because it does not scrub speed and still provides good hookup. However, if you want the best hookup in rough water and losing 1mph top end in the smooth stuff doesn't bother you then the R&D grate or WORX grate is the way to go.

The benefits of the OPAS blockoffs are less porposing and a better ride in rough water. Like the intake grate you also have different choices, but the best way to go here is either the RE blockoffs or Hydrogen's new blockoffs because they extend the farthest back.

Biotch better have my money rain or shine LiquidDI's Avatar
    I didn't lose any mph by putting the R&D on. I tested this years ago back to back on my GPS. Same exact spped running the R&D vs stock.

Quote Originally Posted by LiquidDI View Post
    I didn't lose any mph by putting the R&D on. I tested this years ago back to back on my GPS. Same exact spped running the R&D vs stock.
    I had the same one on my '04 RXP and I'm completely OK with you.

You don't loose so much speed with the R&D model on smooth water but you can feel the difference in the ocean... - Your ski is more "stuck" on water...

Raise Hell Eat Cornbread

Porposing?

What do you mean by porposing?

What do you mean by porposing?
    It's when your at high speeds and the craft bounces a lot. It's even noticible in flat water with the RXP. Remove the OPAS and you practicaly eliminate porposing.

+1
    What type of water do u ride. ocean or lake . flat or choppy.?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information