+1

Where to start 04' GTX SC?

I've got a 2004 Sea Doo GTX SC and looking to pick up some performance out of her. I've been wondering what the most bang for the buck mod is for this particular craft. Power Cooler? Has anybody done this mod on a GTX SC? Thanks in advance, I'm just not sure what direction to go at this time.

Banned User
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by tron View Post
    I've got a 2004 Sea Doo GTX SC and looking to pick up some performance out of her. I've been wondering what the most bang for the buck mod is for this particular craft. Power Cooler? Has anybody done this mod on a GTX SC? Thanks in advance, I'm just not sure what direction to go at this time.

I'm going tobe working on one in the next week or two, it already has a basic Riva Stage 1 setup, minus the wedge, and is scootin along at just a tick over 65mph on the gps...

As for IC, you could go Piranha or Riva....but if you are good at fabrication and on a budget, you can get an XS unit and make your own...

Hi Tron:

I have the same model you have. Here are some suggestions.

1.) Make sure you replace the ceramic washers in your SC with the metal washers that Jerry sells on this site. You should also give strong consideration to upgrading the SC to '05 specs. I bought the washers from Jerry and had my local SD dealer install then as well as do the upgrade. If you send Jerry your SC he can "upgrade/replace" for a very reasonable price and turn-a-round. While this will do nothing for your speed, it will ensure that your supercharger keeps chugging along. Odd visual...

2.) Check your wear ring, in front of the impeller. I can't tell you at what point you should consider replacing it as it's a pretty much subjective call. That said, the more wear (nicks, scratches etc, etc.) on the ID before the impeller, the more disrupted the water flow will be, and this will slow ya down. In so far as replacing the plastic ring with the SS version, keep in mind that the SS is not very forgiving should you ingest something, and you may have to replace both the impeller and the wear ring if this happens.

3.) I happen to have the dreaded plastic pump housing, which I'm going to replace next winter. Hopefully you have the aluminum version. My SD was manufactured in 4/04, but there are several members of this forum with same month of build, that report that they have aluminum housings. You should check to see what you have. It's my understanding that the plastic versions "flex" and this will show up on your wear ring.

4.) When I have my pump housing replaced, I'm also going to have the OEM front motor mount replaced. Jerry has a super price on a much improved MM. This will decrease the amount of motor movement. The short story here is motor movement translates into wear ring wear.

5.) Filling in the areas where the grate bolts are will add to your top end. There are numerous posts here that go into detail of what you need to do, and materials needed. It seems like a pretty inexpensive way to add some speed.

6.) Alot of folks replace the OEM plugs with Denso Iridium plugs.

7.) Replace the O.P.A.S.

Hope this helps...and remember that often (but not always) as you modify, reliability can take a back seat.

Jeff

tron: here ya go some pics for ya!...PR...
    Last edited by Pale Rider; 09-29-2008 at 07:09 AM.

and a few more:
    Last edited by Pale Rider; 09-29-2008 at 07:09 AM.

wow... ...very nice and clean setup Pale Rider.

+1
    Yep....that silicone job on the RE's is smooth as hell!!

put the riva 3'' air intake a rr s/c fan no wedge keep the stock intake grate, a good after market i/c would b good 2 & the riva stage I prop agood start u might haft 2 repitch the prop a little but try it first

Thread Information