Thread: Ahrite peeps

Ahrite peeps

Just thought i'd make my first post and say hi!
    I live in the UK and figured this looks the most active/knowledgable forum gannin for doo's!

Ive gone and part ex'd my 2004 yammy XLT800 for a 2005 GTX ltd SCIC in black and silver with 24hrs on the clock hehe.

Justa quick question though... am guessin gonna keep it stock for a bit, but would like to know what i can do to prolong the life of the charger? i've heard washers/bearings going on with fairly low hours? would changing these washers/bearings and fitting a BOV and intake kit increase its service life?

Thanks in advance for any info

Banned User
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by SpongeyBrain View Post
    I live in the UK and figured this looks the most active/knowledgable forum gannin for doo's!

Ive gone and part ex'd my 2004 yammy XLT800 for a 2005 GTX ltd SCIC in black and silver with 24hrs on the clock hehe.

Justa quick question though... am guessin gonna keep it stock for a bit, but would like to know what i can do to prolong the life of the charger? i've heard washers/bearings going on with fairly low hours? would changing these washers/bearings and fitting a BOV and intake kit increase its service life?

Welcome to to forum!

yea, changing the clutches to metal ones will increase the life of the SC. A BOV setup would reduce the wear on them, but is not needed UNLESS you plan on running a high boost setup...

Cheers bud, that'll be the first thing i'll so then.

If i do those upgrades to the sc, intake tract and BOV, which impeller would i need to use?

Aint fully clued up with the different numbers and pitches i see all over the place when looking at pellers sorry im a bit of a newb

Cheers

Oz

Banned User
    +1
    Cheers bud, that'll be the first thing i'll so then.

If i do those upgrades to the sc, intake tract and BOV, which impeller would i need to use?

Aint fully clued up with the different numbers and pitches i see all over the place when looking at pellers sorry im a bit of a newb

Cheers

Oz

If you can set yourself up with a Stage 1, you'll be good to go...you will need a specific prop for that GTX, since its a 185hp unit...

+1
    Welcome!!!

One idea...
    Do the metal washer upgrade...Send the complete SC to Jerry. Then...

Ride it thru the summer, and plan your upgrades this winter. Very little downtime, lots of water time. Plenty of time to read and learn, and build a great ski.

+1

i'll do your washers i'm in lancashire, regards bill

Thread Information