sportster 155hp performance

hi people i was wondering if any of you could fill me in on the performance of this boat would it have enough power to tow a skier and a 2 man tube

It definitly would..

They get to plain in around 2.5 seconds.. and have a top speed around 48-50-mph..

Doo It Till It Hurts! holdnon72's Avatar
    I have a 2006 Sportster 155HP boat and I pull tubes all the time. I never pulled 2 people at once but i'm sure it could doo it. I can just hit 50 MPH and thats pretty fast on the water. I was worried that the boat wouldn't be fast enough but I was worried about nothing cause it flys....If your gonna have 4 riders all the time then it will take longer to get on plain but with 2-3 people it's great.

I have an '07 215 hp speedster. I was just out last weekend pulling my niece (weighs as much as a feather) on a single man tube and on ski's as well. Absolutely no problem. But........

I am not sure about any tube larger than one man. Also depends on who is riding in it. I can tell you this, with my speedboat, there is a huge difference in how the boat performs when towing our one man tube vs. our three man tube. Especially when you have fat old farts like my brother and I in them. Those large tubes can create a huge drag and when they get in turbulent water the strains can be even more exagerated.

Personally, I would leave the larger tube towing to a ski boat.

It really doesn't matter how "fast" the boat is. (do you tube at 50 mph, if so I want to shake your hand). Look at how the ski pylon (where you attach the rope) is connected to the hull. OK, but certainly not the strongest means of attachment. It is more about the weight and drag of the tube with people in it.
    Last edited by smclear; 06-14-2007 at 06:17 AM.

well I also have a 215hp 07 speedster and this is one area in which I have thus far been pleased. It pulls 2 of my friends on a tube with ease and the tow attachment pole is one of the few things that hasnt broken off yet (knocking on wood) so it seems to be fairly strong. I have pulled and been pulled at speeds many would consider insane, but only for a few moments as I or the person on tube is ejected in short order.

Quote Originally Posted by speedsterpimpin View Post
    well I also have a 215hp 07 speedster and this is one area in which I have thus far been pleased. It pulls 2 of my friends on a tube with ease and the tow attachment pole is one of the few things that hasnt broken off yet (knocking on wood) so it seems to be fairly strong. I have pulled and been pulled at speeds many would consider insane, but only for a few moments as I or the person on tube is ejected in short order.
    James,

You're a nut and I salute you. Maybe I am just too old (49), or a wus, (or both) but for me, tubing at high speeds is insane. Skiing is another matter though. I'll ski behind the fastest boat around (on smooth water anyway)

If you go airborne in the tube often, I would keep an eye on the towbar. Don't look at the towbar itself, but rather where it attaches to the hull. From what I've been reading the dashboards are prone to breaking off and the cup holders often begin displaying hairline cracks, Doesn't make me feel all warm and fuzzy about Sea-Doo's fiberglass layup. I may be wrong as I usually am, but it just doesn't look like it would take that kind of punishment on a regular basis. My Grandfather bought our lakehouse some 65 years ago and the family has always had a small armada of boats, and yes, I know how blessed that makes me. Anyway, I guess I just feel why risk the damage to my little pocket rocket when the speedboat is available.

Well I can tell you this, if it is known to break, it will break for me, since everything else has been flying off or breaking. I was hoping that was one thing I didnt have to worry about but I guess not. Just did a run yesterday and had another thing fly off, the small trim panel that goes on top of the storage compartment cover on top of the main console. It didnt float and is lost forever, also cant find a part number for it anywhere so I guess my boat will continue to look more and more like a pile with all of its missing parts. I guess mine was built on a bad day or something, I cant imagine what would happen to Sea-Doo if EVERYONE had these kinds of problems in their first 20 hours of useage.

It is a good day for me when nothing breaks or flys off, and so far I havent had many good days.

I had such good luck with my jetski (sea-doo also) I guess I sort of expected similar from the boat but so far that hasnt been the case.

Quote Originally Posted by smclear View Post
    James,

You're a nut and I salute you. Maybe I am just too old (49), or a wus, (or both) but for me, tubing at high speeds is insane. Skiing is another matter though. I'll ski behind the fastest boat around (on smooth water anyway)

If you go airborne in the tube often, I would keep an eye on the towbar. Don't look at the towbar itself, but rather where it attaches to the hull. From what I've been reading the dashboards are prone to breaking off and the cup holders often begin displaying hairline cracks, Doesn't make me feel all warm and fuzzy about Sea-Doo's fiberglass layup. I may be wrong as I usually am, but it just doesn't look like it would take that kind of punishment on a regular basis. My Grandfather bought our lakehouse some 65 years ago and the family has always had a small armada of boats, and yes, I know how blessed that makes me. Anyway, I guess I just feel why risk the damage to my little pocket rocket when the speedboat is available.

Thread Information