EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    +1

PWC Bikini Cover Trailer Invention

My buddy Lenny was to embarassed to post this i think at first it was rather amusing, but for some people I think this is a great idea, and honestly, i'm looking into it for myself.

Every since owning a PWC, i made sure my ski went right in the garage after every use and was locked up. It never saw daylight except when it was on the water. However, generating my dad's interest in the sport caused him to want to get a ski, and of course having two single trailers is not practical. now i gotta get a double and leave my ski outside bc my double garage (2 single doors) wont let the trailer fit thru.

what happens when i want to leave one ski in the parking lot for 8 hours while i go ride? what happens if my dad goes for a ride without me and leaves my RXT with a few grand in goodies sittin in the parking lot?

well, here you have it, fully encosed PWC trailer shell, fiberglass, lockable, and paintable to any color and/or design.

http://www.bikinicovers.com/home.html

+1
    that is pretty damn cool!

+1
    They have had the same thing for snowmobiles for years.
    The only problem I can see is that the moisture would stay in/on your watercraft and corrode the shit out of it.
    Just remember, if you see moisture on the outside of your motor, odds are the inside of your motor looks the same.

I thought of something totally cool also: Maxi van (Ford, chevy or Dodge)with a hydraulic or electric chassis/bunks, that when you open the rear doors and press a button, this motorized cradle slides back and downward allowing the jet ski to be launched into the water ...PR...

EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    +1
    PR... i saw a guy that build EXACTLY that local to me... he was at the ramp, did it with an XP... said he was working on it and patenting it. was real cool

Damn.............................................. ........... ...PR...

+1
    That looks painfull. I want to see the next picture after the guy runs into that overhang trying to drive onto/into it.

I've got pretty good control of a ski at low speeds but I can see myself removing teeth with that rear lip (a second hing at the top would help).

Moisture BAD

+1
    You could vent that thing wherever you wanted though...

I still see alot of drawbacks in using it for my application anyway- for anyones use really. You'd be giving up alot of access to the ski for that enclosure protection + I think it will cost some $.

Call me nuts... But if i left my ski hitched to my Jeep in a parking lot, I am much more concerned for my $26,000 jeep than my $12,000 ski.....

Although, for long distance trailering, it would be killer, or even for winter storage(for those who winterize)

Nonstop, all day, everyday. 01xdime's Avatar
    i bet that thing would be fun when trying to get out of the water with a nasty storm on top of you.

Thread Information