Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Any body bought motor from shortblockrus.com

Looking at buying a motor and heard lots of bad news about sbt so just wondering if anyone has some imput on shortblocksrus Thanks

Banned User
    He was using a different name last year. But I can't seem to think of it.

Haven't heard of anyone using his stuff though. I'd love to know what parts he uses for rebuilds.

+1

ShortblocksRus.com

Hi guys
    I saw your post asking about ShortBlocksRus.com I have bought from them 3 times now there out of Simi Valley ca.
    I had them build 1 Shortblock for a Polaris 1200 and 2 cranks 1 for a Yamaha 1200 and the other for Kaw 750 in the last year and have had great luck with them.
    They did a great job cranks where spot on and very clean they glass beaded and welded the pins and mains my customers and I where very happy. Check them out www.ShortBlocksRus.com

Oh and as far as I know they have only used the one name ShortBlocksRus.com

Good Luck and Ride Safe
    Last edited by lovehavenfun; 08-12-2009 at 07:26 PM. Reason: not Finished

Don't buy from shortblocksrus

I sent a block in august and he called and said it was done Oct 9th and it is Nov 3rd with the block. I paided to have it shipped out there and $ 999 when it was done. He will not answer phone calls or e-mails. E-mailed him under another e-mailer and he responed the next day. His name is Doug and he out of CA. Shortblocksrus. He used to be Works Racing Development. He using the phone # 805-791-7933 or 928-863-3272. All I wanted was my block back and gave him every chance. This is fact and I hope if anyone reads this they spread the word as I'm out $1500.

She likes the bike. But the ski gets her wet!!!! xlint89's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by overtheroad View Post
    I sent a block in august and he called and said it was done Oct 9th and it is Nov 3rd with the block. I paided to have it shipped out there and $ 999 when it was done. He will not answer phone calls or e-mails. E-mailed him under another e-mailer and he responed the next day. His name is Doug and he out of CA. Shortblocksrus. He used to be Works Racing Development. He using the phone # 805-791-7933 or 928-863-3272. All I wanted was my block back and gave him every chance. This is fact and I hope if anyone reads this they spread the word as I'm out $1500.
    Welcome to the Hulk.

Sorry to hear about your experience.

How did you end up paying? There may be other actions you can take to get your $$$ back IF this is true.....

+1
    I Use him for all my cranks, Sleeving and even some Stock ShortBlocks for many years now I think 4-6 years and never had any problems. I talked to him early last month he said he was going to close shop for 2 plus weeks for Vacation and to work on Shop stuff it his slow time.

I'm sure its nothing and you will get your engine.
    I will try to get him but he sometimes is hard to get on the phone try his email [email protected]

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by overtheroad View Post
    I Use him for all my cranks, Sleeving and even some Stock ShortBlocks for many years now I think 4-6 years and never had any problems. I talked to him early last month he said he was going to close shop for 2 plus weeks for Vacation and to work on Shop stuff it his slow time.

I will try to get him but he sometimes is hard to get on the phone try his email [email protected]

You know. It has to be some kind of fluke. To me it odd. I tried his he mail address and it comes back as out on vacation. [email protected].

I have had numerous top ends and complete motor rebuild with excellent service.

I'll see if I can contact him tomorrow and see whats happening.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by lovehavenfun View Post

I just emailed him and Got an away message
    Shop Closed on Vacation
    this is a Copy of it below

InboxX
    Reply [email protected] to me
    show details 9:15 PM (0 minutes ago)

Shop will be closed from Oct 12th to November 4th for Vacation and Expansion of Shop
    Thanks

it was sent to you a long time ago.

Fedex had damage your motor And for some idiotic reason Fedex did not even attempt to notify the shipper (shortbocksrus). So much for customer service!

Shortblocksrus retreived the motor back from Fedex and fix it and made it right. I beleive it shipped out already and has a tracking no. for you.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information